sunday ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1237

Sous Chef
I fired up the smoker today to cook a few racks of ribs. The ribs seemed dry. I think it was the cut. I am going to try and look for a new brand of ribs since the last few from hatfield have not been the best. What brands do you guys use?

Thanks
Chris

Maybe it was the weather :D because my ribs were dry that I did yesterday. I'm not sure of the brand because I bought a case of ribs back in the spring from a food supplier.

Well they looked good to me. Nice presentation. Do you practice box placement and all of your cooks?

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Well they looked good to me. Nice presentation. Do you practice box placement and all of your cooks?

Thanks Bill,
I have been trying to do a practice box as often as possible because when I get to comps I do not want to lose points for sloppy job and I also want to have a good idea on what I plan to do.

cleglue,
Sorry to hear your ribs turned out crappy too.

Chris

amdphreak said:
Nice job

Can you explain the 4-1-1 method?

I could be wrong but what I think what he means by it is 4 hours in the smoker 1 hour in foil and 1 hour out of it.

Thanks wdroller,
I am going to have to try and mess with that in the near future. When I first got my new smoker i tried 3-2-1 with mixed resultes. I am guess the less time in foil should help.

Chris

chris1237 said:
I fired up the smoker today to cook a few racks of ribs. The ribs seemed dry. I think it was the cut. I am going to try and look for a new brand of ribs since the last few from hatfield have not been the best. What brands do you guys use?

Thanks
Chris

I use loin back ribs from Sam`s , I like the way they pack em you get 3 ribs per package , and they have lots of meat on them.

Back
Top Bottom