Sunday Prime Rib cook...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Picked up a few of the prime rib roasts from the store around the corner from Witts...gonna try it like Northsmoke suggested..500 degrees in the oven for 30 min, then in the WSM at 250..Im a big fan of rare, so Im thinking of pulling it at 125...

comments, concerns ?

That's a good plan. You will have probably less of a temp rise when resting if your cooking at 250* than you would at a higher temp, so keep thatin mind.

oompappy said:
That's a good plan. You will have probably less of a temp rise when resting if your cooking at 250* than you would at a higher temp, so keep thatin mind.

Will do....Would you rest covered or uncovered ?

Burp...Im in a beef coma....

Served with roasted garlic mashers, tomato salad, brocholi and garlic bread...

Boy, talk about slapping him on the ass and throwing him on a plate....
as Bigwheel says, "I've seen cows hurt worse than that that got better!"

Just a mite rare... I'd have to chill my meat thermometers in the freezer to get one to read low enough for that. But it really looks good.

It wasn't really as rare as the picture showed...after 30 min in the oven at 550, it took just about 3 hours at 250..pulled it around 135 and rested for 45 min's...

john pen said:
It wasn't really as rare as the picture showed...after 30 min in the oven at 550, it took just about 3 hours at 250..pulled it around 135 and rested for 45 min's...

WHAT???

Perhaps its all the same way to the end...but I usually sear mine on all sides and then drop it in a 225* oven till an internal of 125*.

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="john pen":22m3fieq]It wasn't really as rare as the picture showed...after 30 min in the oven at 550, it took just about 3 hours at 250..pulled it around 135 and rested for 45 min's...

WHAT???

Perhaps its all the same way to the end...but I usually sear mine on all sides and then drop it in a 225* oven till an internal of 125*.[/quote:22m3fieq]

Thats basicly what the oven did..it came out looking finished with an internal temp of 67...then into the wsm

Back
Top Bottom