Sunday Night Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

txpgapro

Sous Chef
I've gotten tired of trying to tune my pit, so I thought I'd burn some food on it for awhile. I got 2 rack of spares and 5 lbs. of "standing rib roast" (How's that Doak?) fixing to go on the smoker. Wetted the ribs with Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce and then used Texas BBQ Rub on them, while the rib roast got Worchestershire sauce and Texas BBQ Rub Steak Seasoning.

Here are the pics 2 hours into the cook. I will foil the ribs in about an hour. I don't always foil ribs, but they were small after I trimmed them, and the pit is cooker a little hotter than I wanted and I don't want them to dry out. I plan on pulling the rib roast at 135-140, foiling, toweling and then putting it in a cooler to rest and finish out.

That's enough for me, what about the guests? How much is that a pound up there? It's $16.99/lbs. here, and ocassionally on sale for $12.99/lbs.

Tex

My brother-in-law is a commercial fisherman and brought 'em into Anchorage when he came thru a couple weeks ago. These guys were in the Bering Sea two weeks ago.

Griff

Holy moly! crab legs and standing ribs roast!!!

This forum is dangerous to my health! I just ate my monitor!

Great job guys!

Back
Top Bottom