Sunday Night Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimBear

Sous Chef
Hello all,
After talking with Toby on Friday about the brisket that he was going to smoke on Saturday; I decided I was going to smoke a brisket on Sunday for a nice end to my 3 1/2 week vacation. Yes I went back to work today.

So anyways; I picked up a 15 lb brisket and I put my own rub blend on it and let it get happy all night in the fridge. I got up at 6:30 am; which was not easy after I spent several hours at Toby's the night before drinking beer, tequila and eating that incredibly delicious brisket he smoked (I went home sat by the fire, lit a cigar, cracked another beer and fell asleep by the firepit at around 1 am). So yes I got up at 6:30 am (with my loyal red-lab) got the smoker ready and put the beast in the pit (the bisket, not the dog). I used Kingsford original and some "Best of The West" mesquite chunks. I got the pit settled in at around 230* and set the meat thermometor for 195*. Toby came over and we had a few beers and we talked about the brisket he made the day before and talked with two of my 3 boys (Hayden & Lukas) about movies and life in general. When it hit the mark I took it out of the pit and wrapped it in foil and put it in the ice chest for about 2 hours. I then made stuffed zuchini w/spinach-feta & pine nut stuffing (made from scratch) and a nice tossed salad w/avocados. I then made a home-made sauce (KC style, but sweeter). It was awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom