Sunday Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JWJR40

Senior Cook
I just use a pair of tongs to stoke the coals. May not be perfect but gets the job done.

Jersey BBQ said:
Sunday's Dinner...

Put some BB's and a small brisket flat on my WSM.... First cook of the new year and first since getting my hands back to functioning pretty good...
The WSM just chugged along great on a cold and windy day... That thing still amazes me...

"Good Eats"...

I am still learning this thing but I was figuring that 275 dome temp would be about 250 top rack with the ribs and a little less on the bottom rack where the brisket was... ?

I need to put handles on this thing so I can easily lift the cooking section off to "stoke" the coals.... Any good ideas or tips?

Beautiful meal!!

I use big cheap metal spoons, Wal Mart $3. These are thick, stainless steel and I've had them for about 4 years.

Jersey everything looked great!
I too am still amazed by the WSM [smilie=bowdown.gif]

Jersey BBQ said:
I need to put handles on this thing so I can easily lift the cooking section off to "stoke" the coals.... Any good ideas or tips?

B000H5SLTA.01-A1IZCISXTFZ9OX._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Many people (me included) use garage door handles. I know of one person who used the handles off an ECB (they're a little nicer, being partly wood).

The garage door handles pretty much fit the existing bolts (I had to bend mine just a little), so you don't have to drill any holes in the WSM to use them.

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/handles.html

The food looks great. I don't think I've ever stoked the WSM. It seems to be like the Energizer bunny. It keeps going and going and going. I've had the WSM since about April of last year.

You guys need to see the alteration Finney did to his with the handles! You would swear Weber did it! BTW,. to stoke the coals, just open the access door and stoke with a rod or a stick. No need to take the upper pieces off!

nice lookin' chow there, jersey!

i'm with nick on stoking; just open the door and use a stick, just be careful not to start a mount st. helens ash plume...

jersey, how long is the stem on that tel-tru therm? been thinking of getting one to just rest in the top vent, but i want something short enough that doesn't interfere with the meat that's in there...would it have to be some kind of min. length to keep it from falling out the vent?

R

Back
Top Bottom