sunday cook pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1237

Sous Chef
Fired up the gator this weekend put a few butts on. They came out great. A buddy of mine came over and we were able to get a few ideas of how we want to present the meat in comps by looking at pics on the web.

My new toy :D
the meat ready for the freezer

Chris

Wahoo, gotta love a sunday cook WITH PICS TOO. [-o< I am in the market for another foodsaver now. My old one doesnt seal any more :badgrin: .

Finney said:
I think you have a smudge on your camera lens though. :)

I think you are right. Do you have any idea how to clean it? Dont want to mess up the camera.

Chris

food looks great. I had 2 butts cooked on Sunday..looked great, but they were "enhanced" and I didnt rinse them well enough...even with some white pepper and Wolfe rub they still had a bland, almost hammy taste. maybe I should try the milk soak idea. no pics here though, my daughter has the camera for her school science project

chris1237 said:
Finney said:
I think you have a smudge on your camera lens though. :)

I think you are right. Do you have any idea how to clean it? Dont want to mess up the camera.

Chris

I'm sure the Joker will pipe in on this, he's pretty good with cameras. I need to know too!

Here's a link on how to clean your lens. If you don't have the proper materials, note where he talks about using cotton and "huffing" on the lens. This works well but make sure that what ever you use is very soft and lint free. And be gentle ~ It doesn't take much to scratch the coatings on your lens.

Butts look real good.

A primer on "enhanced" would be good fodder. As a precaution, I don't buy any meat that says "x% solution/water/flavoring added" on the package. It there a tip off as to color....?
DATsBBQ

I think i cleaned the lense good. Just got this today one of the sales guys droped this off at the store. Should be a good grill to take into the store and grill up a few burgers and dogs. Another new toy to mess with

My dad said we got this cooler for a bud desplay.

Chris

Bill,

I read on one of these forum that Tilia will take old foodsavers back and replace with a new model for $100. I believe they said it would be a professional or (deluxe) model. I don't know for sure just repeating what I read somewhere.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Nice stuff. You do know that Rolling Rock was baught by Budwiser, Don't you? :-(

My dad told me that a few weeks ago. When he told some of the regulars who get rock all the time they did not seem to be to happy about it. They plan to close the rock plant that now makes the beer. Word has it AB plans to buy out a buch of smaller beers. Up here AB products are not selling to well.

Chris

So much for the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe :-( . I really hate big corporations............................

Chris the butts look great =P~

Back
Top Bottom