Sunday Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
Got up up 30 minutes ago. Made coffee and lit the lump. Added hot lump to Einstiein, 10 minutes later the cooker is up to temp. Put the butt on 5 minutes ago. Pics to come soon. :D

mmm pork in the Am.

The smell of lump burning.

A cup of coffee.

Now that sounds like a perfect way to start a Sunday.

I gots me a duck , and chicken and chicken parts sitting in a Dr Browns Red Cherry Soda, ginger , garlic , brine.. lol What the heck [smilie=a_hrm.gif] .. figured I'd try sumtin different ..it cant turn out that bad :shock: lol

Came in at a little over 11.5 lbs. Having a little problem dialing Einstein in at 250, seems like it wants to settle in at 260. Should have that resolved he in a bit.

Going to fire up the Kingfisher a little later on this morning. No food in it, just going to try and see if I can get upto temp. This will be the first test since I cleaned all the gunk out between the fire box and cook chamber.

Lets see if I can get this to work"
Raw butt fat side up and fat side down.

1.jpg

2.jpg

After the rub.

3.jpg

4.jpg

More pics to come.

:shock: No pics, Doesn't work :shock:

Well, this link works:

http://www.ncre.biz/bbq4u/sundaycook.html

http://usera.imagecave.com/Bobberqer/Duck/

Pictures of the duck cook.. reached 132* in first hour.. had it turned upside down for the first hour... put some apples in fire box.. was told they sweeten the smoke.. not quite sure if I believe that, but , I'll see when duck is done.. have turned duck over, and will cook to 165*.. I love duck!!...

Nice looking duck. Tryed to talk the wife into doing a duck instead of a turkey. That was a dead duck, almost had to duck, just my ducking luck.

Internal temp on the butt at 5:00 pm was 200 degrees. I took it off Einstein and it is resting right now.

I figured it would take 11 hours. Just another reason to think a replacement thermometer is in order. Pics in an hour or two :roll:

DATsBBQ said:
Nice looking duck. Tryed to talk the wife into doing a duck instead of a turkey. That was a dead duck, almost had to duck, just my ducking luck.

Sounds like you're ducked.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom