Sunday Briskett

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
Weather turned as predicted. 45 degrees, lite drizzle... snow by early afternoon I would guess.

Fired up Einstein a little after 7AM (MDT), put the Briskett on at 7:30. Temp holding a 250 +/- 10 degrees so far without much babysitting. Think it's dialed in so will check every 30 minutes or so for the couple of hours.

Briskett came in a 11.3 lbs. More fat than usual so I trimmed about 1/2lb of fat off and tossed in the freezer for next time I make beef sausage.

Pics will be posted a little later on today.

Good looking brisket. A little cold weather doesn't stop me from having the occasional chat with Mr. Beefeater.

Griff

Brisket off at 3:00. It's taking a nap in a 175 degree oven for the next hour or so. Guests at 6:00. I updated the link at 4 PM. Smells like a little bit of heaven here on earth, at least to us carnivores :D

Tator salad (w2 versions, one plain (wife), one with extras (mine)) done earlier in the day.

Time to have a talk with Mr. Walker... . :cheers

Final pics posted. Tasted great. Bark a little to thick in spots, but hey, this is brisket after all.

I am glad I used Einstein over the Kingfisher. Wet and cold all day, would have used 4 - 5 times more lump in the offset. As it stood, used about 1/4 bag and still have some big pieces left in the fire ring.

Missed my prediction on snow. Just starting now. If anyone is curious as to what snow looks like I can post a pic or two.

Snow?

No!!!!! I know what snow looks like and we are going to get a little Wed and Thurs.
I love CO.
That Brisket looks GREAT. Nice pics.
That Ol' Green Egg Meister works good, doesn't she?
Smoke On!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom