Sunday BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey_Joe

Head Chef

click the blues

Spent a little time in the kitchen working with some supplies . Wasn't long before the supplies were ABTs... consisting of japs filled with cream cheese, crab meat, minced onion, some mozzerela cheese and wrapped in apple cider cured bacon. Cooked the halved ones on a disposable grill thingie and the whole ones on a high tech red brick rack system.

With the ABT's was some chicken quarters, boobs, some oversized weenies and lots of chicken thighs and after lunch was done a served I rubbed a few racks and threw them on the cooker until they looked kinda like this.

Sorry for not having plated pics...but people weren't waiting around for snapshots of their food before they got at it.

Dang SJ, you posted enough food pics for everyone. :LOL:

Looks real good. ;)

Are you taking internal temps on the ribs in that one pic. If so, does that work for you or was that an experiment.?

I have a friend that makes ABT's with the Cajun Crab dip they sell in the stores around here and they're very good! I bet those rocked Joe. My wife said there was a store in Texas that sold stuffed and breaded Jalapenos that were deep fried. She said they were stuffed with chicken salad......Might not be bad.

Thank ya'll for the compliments.....it was a BBQ for our sons First Communion.

There wasn't much left over...and what was left .....got eaten up with some pops with da foam on top later on that night out by the fire.

The ABT's with crab meat were excellent..... I've made them before with the imitation crab meat and didn't much care for em.... but with the real crab they were delicious....they went QUICK....the mozzerella cheese added nicely to them too.
I totally cleaned the halved ones on the inside, but left some seeds in the whole ones... the whole ones had some heat!

Cliff H. said:
Dang SJ, you posted enough food pics for everyone. :LOL:

Looks real good. ;)

Are you taking internal temps on the ribs in that one pic. If so, does that work for you or was that an experiment.?

Yes, I was doing internal on the ribs.... just an experiment... the ribs were super meaty, so I figured I'd see what happened.

I thought my ET-73 http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=8409 was on the fritz.... the food display was reading "HHH".... but I soon realized I had closed and pinched the lead/wire in the heavy lid of the cooker! I took it out and rolled the pinched spot in my fingers a little and it's FINE!.... rugged little thing! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom