Sunday BabyBacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimBear

Sous Chef
This past Thursday I saw a flyer in the mail with fresh babybacks for $2.99 lb; I picked up 4 1/2 racks and some andoullie sausages to through on the smoker this Sunday. Friday night a started getting muscle spazums in my back and was totally layed up all day Saturday and most of Sunday with the worst breath-taking back pains :x . I woke up Sunday morning and had two of my boys get the smoker ready for a 1:00pm smoke start (they did an outstanding job; Good job boys!). I mixed up a dry rub (sugar-free) for the ribs and got them all happy an hour before going onto the smoker. Once the boys got the smoker going, the ribs went on (the andoullie never made it in; it made into some pasta sauce). I gave them a 5 hour smoke at 200-210* with some mesquite. I then made a home-made orzo pasta salad with fresh grilled asparagus and lemon infused olive oil. This was served with frilled asparagus that was marinated in balsamic, lemon juice and olive oil with salt and pepper. I now have ribs for the entire week :D

Nice lookin ribs and plate Tim. How about a recipe for that rice side? :)

Sorry to hear about your back, but DANG that plate looks good! Those sure look like good meaty BB's!

Very nice cook and a big thumbs up to your boys!

great pix.

After seeing those ribs I think I will have to do some for us today made me hungry for them. Will have to do them in the Smokey Mountain as my Hawk Wild Smoker is on display uptown today.

Back
Top Bottom