Stymied on spares, but bb's are on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
wanted ribs on the kettle, but the dadgum grocery store didn't have
spares except those pre-cooked and sauced ones. What kind of non-union grocery store doesn't have a single rack of spare ribs?

so I picked up the biggest baby backs they had...probably for the best since I'm using the kettle,
and I haven't done ribs on the kettle before. here's a pic of the bones rubbed and waiting for
the chimney to get hot...and while we're waiting, a few pics that were on the camera.

wouldn't you know, the first afternoon thunderstorm of the year pops up
right in the middle of my cook. temps dropped a good bit, hope I can save the ribs.
they are in the foil. usually these storms ride along the sea breeze...they can be fierce, but
short lived.

Hmmm...doing some rubbed & bbq'd country style pork ribs and ribeyes on the charcoal tonight myself :) I would say this is my first cook of the season, but I do it year round!

If anyone can do it, the Cappy can survive the storm with a good supply of Miller Lite!

well, cook was way too hot...lesson learned. still eatable though thank goodness. gonna watch the draft and clean some bones..

I have done BB's on the grill once and didn't really care for them. I have done spares on the grill a few time and like them a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom