Stufz burger machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosko

Sous Chef
Bought one for $8........ok kinda a hassle

deioh.jpg

2qtk4k7.jpg

4qofm.jpg

Last edited:
Is that the 2 patties cheese in the middle gizmo, tried mine once and didn't have as much luck as you looks great. That last picture looks like I could take a bite out of it ;)

Oh it's the ol' "juicy lucy" burger! Never had a gizmo for them, just formed 2 flat patties and put cheese between em. Pinch the edges together and grill! Mine never looked that good either though. ..

I'm going to attribute most of the credit to Bosko's grilling and photography skills than the gadget. Just sayin.

Great looking burgers. I have made jucy lucys by hand not with a burger press. I have one but haven't tried it yet. It looks like you can add more stuff in the middle using a press than my hand. A couple of tricks that work for me. I can't prove they work but they sure seem to. One make sure you get a good seal where both patties meet. Next make the patties early and put them back in the fridge for a couple of hours to let the patties firm up again. This really seems to keep everything intact when cooking. Like I said i have no science or fact to back these up, all I know is I seem to have success doing it this way.

I'm thinking even if I had Bosko come and take pictures of my food it wouldn't look nearly that good. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance V, but I'm going to try those tricks.

for sure best way IMO is make these up ahead of time and maybe freeze for 3-4 hours

Try making more of a pocket inside them the next time around. Less of a pain that way.

Preset depth of the pocket......I didnt really have any trouble.
Cleaning all the parts afterwords is the hassle

Old retired cop and wife ran a burger joint in Wilgarger Count made giant hand formed juicy lucys. Mighty fine eating and plan on needing a shower afterwards.

Looks like agood burger! I'll eat it!
The problem with burger presses to me is that they compress the meat and it makes for a dense piece of meat. I don't have the pocket press but I do mine simply by hand.

Back
Top Bottom