Stuffed Pork Loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cliffhanger

Assistant Cook
Ok...I just had to make this recipe when I saw the pics from the http://www.wolfepit.blogspot.com/

I thought this was going to be good but it was even better than that. I truly outdid myself on this one. Everyone should make this at least once but if you make it once I'm pretty sure you will make it again it was that good. I knew it was going to be good when I ate one of the charred pieces of stuffing that came out of the pork and my face went like this :D. This fed four people with just enough for lunch the next day. I also made the apple ginger chutney that smokey lew posted. This was also great. This was cooked over charcoal at about 270 for almost three hours there may have been a slight flare up while i was drinking some wine. :oops:

We had a couple over for dinner who brought two bottles of their homemade petit-syrah yum...After making it through the first bottle. The daughter had called and said she was locked out of the house. So Anita went to let her in within a minute she was back inside saying "I forgot my key" Which turned into her boyfriend saying I don't have mine either. Long story short the mood changed a little. After we inhaled the food I rode with them to try and help them use a card to slide the lock open only to end up watching my buddy kick his door in. It was classic something right out of the movies. Anita says "Sorry for ruining your meal." I say "You didn't ruin it, I enjoyed some delicious pork and watched a door get kicked in!"

Ok Pics or it didn't happen:
[attachment=4:3g9pazga]Photo0292.jpg[/attachment:3g9pazga]
[attachment=3:3g9pazga]Photo0293 (1).jpg[/attachment:3g9pazga]
[attachment=2:3g9pazga]Photo0294 (2).jpg[/attachment:3g9pazga]
This is a pic of the chutney. It cooked down a lot more and came together. You only needed a small amount to match a bite full of pork.
[attachment=1:3g9pazga]Photo0295.jpg[/attachment:3g9pazga]
[attachment=0:3g9pazga]Photo0296 (1).jpg[/attachment:3g9pazga]

Thanks guys. Yeah video or pics of the door would have been great but we were in the moment. It wasn't as great as the movies but hey it was still a door getting kicked in. I think he kicked twice but there might have been a third one. It just kind of popped open didn't go flying across the room or anything.

CG definitely try this out it was beyond what I expected. I have smoked ribs, loins, shoulders, chicken and this stands out. This was Gourmet. The stuffing is so tasty and the pork came out moist. When I cut it, it looked tasty had a little smoke ring on the edge and the inside was white. When I have done Pork Loins in the past they have come out tasty but the insides weren't quite as moist as I wanted this however was juicy.

californiagrillin said:
What did you use for the sTuffing?
I just followed this recipe pretty much exact. http://wolfepit.blogspot.com/2009/11/st ... -loin.html I used a thinner sliced bacon only because the thicker sliced bacon was twice the price. This was the first time I have ever 1)Stuffed a loin or anything for that matter 2)Butterflied a loin. The second was a little tricky because I didn't want the meat to be too thick. I basically ended up cutting it into thirds but next time i will try in fourths.

Tri Tip said:
YUM!!!!!!!! Love that Char. I think I could eat just char. Outstanding loin Man!
Funny thing is that char was really burnt and nasty not good char. Trust me it was the only thing I was disappointed with. I wanted to bring the temp up so I opened up the door on the bottom and opened the top vent wide open and walked away from it for too long. I went to check on it and there were flames coming out of the top vents :oops: Panic set it for a second but it was all good.

Back
Top Bottom