Stop The Presses! Airboss Needs Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Airboss

Senior Cook
Welcome back to me. I just purchased an electric smoker (CharBroil) Please spare me the wimpy smoker editorials. What I need is directions to find recipes and directions. Your encouragement would be appreciated as well. There was no book or cooking direction included with the machine. Only assembly instructions. Anyone else here use the electric dealeo? Brinkman, CharB etc.?

:beach: Which reminds me. I gotta get the ceiling fan on the lanai fixed.

Get yourself a 12 gauge extension cord no longer than 10 feet. Otherwise it will never get up to temp or operate properly if you don't plug it in with the cord provided. Go to there web site for cookin recipes, tips exc. or just google " electric smoker"

Once again, the response on this site is remarkable. You can hit a stop watch after you post and help is on the way. I hope I get some feedback from CharBroil H2o electric users. The "Smokette" from Cookshack is a thing to behold. I had the experience last week in Dallas. It's just a tad outa my range but not outa my plans. It is, as they say, " so fine."

AB, luckily, you live in a warm climate! I started with a Brinkmann Smoke N Grill anfd I couldn't get it up.........to temperature, that is, in colder weather! I don't know that I'd try very large cuts in it, but for ribs, sausages , and chickens, they are good! Woody

the Cookshak site is very active and full of ideas, but I wonder how those smokers relate to an electric ecb. Practice will make perfect.
I'd learn real quick the hi and lo temps you can achieve, and how it holds temps. Seems like wind would play a big factor with that. Of course, I don't know what I'm talking about here. Just guessing. :eek:

Martinis? Hell, I forgotten more about martinis than...than...well I forgot.

Here's the deal. Why would a company sell cookers/smokers without thinking the buyers might benefit from at least a small book of clues?

Well I guess I'll go out and get me a big ol' piece of meat and slap it on the...well...top rack, middle rack, oh hell I'll just get some for both and let her rip on some level of heat for a while. I know smokin' aint science but there's got to be more to it than that. No?

And that reminds me. We gotta get the jacuzzi bar set up. Hurricane season's comin'.

:beach:

Thanks Chris. We'll have a great time with the boys and "The Girlz." Can't wait to see them all and have chance to observe "The Grill Master" at work. There's a promise of pork butt you know. We're bringing all our sweatshirts and woolies. Temps in CTown promise to be in the 50's!

Which reminds me: Those "litttles" will like to wear me out. I better start taking my vitamins!

Now, now boyz. All I'm looking for is an electric smoker mentor. Preferably someone with CharBroil experience. Can I get an amen?

Which reminds me; I gotta get my Dolphin tickets today. Sure hope Ricky comes back.

Airboss said:
Now, now boyz. All I'm looking for is an electric smoker mentor. Preferably someone with CharBroil experience. Can I get an amen?

Which reminds me; I gotta get my Dolphin tickets today. Sure hope Ricky comes back.

AB, See if you can find Ludichris....he's an expert with electric smokers!

Airboss said:

Ricky is a weed smoker, not an electric smoker!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom