Startin' out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Well , It's finally b-day or (D-DAY). I got a a new smoker thursday. It's not the big $2,000 models you guys talk about. It's a Char Griller, It's all we could afford right now. I'm pretty proud of It already. :grin:
I put It together friday, seasoned It saturday, and I'll be smokin' on It sunday :grin:
I'm gonna' do a 9lb. pork butt, 2 slabs of ribs, and a coupla' fatties =P~
I will use the "world famous" =D> "Wolfe rub" to season It up =D> I'll send pics sunday :grin: :grin: :grin:

Puff said:
Well , It's finally b-day or (D-DAY). I got a a new smoker thursday. It's not the big $2,000 models you guys talk about. It's a Char Griller, It's all we could afford right now. I'm pretty proud of It already. :grin:
I put It together friday, seasoned It saturday, and I'll be smokin' on It sunday :grin:
I will use the "world famous" =D> "Wolfe rub" to season It up =D> I'll send pics sunday :grin: :grin: :grin:

Puff include pics if ya can??? Food and smoker!!

WalterSC said:
Puff said:

Puff include pics if ya can??? Food and smoker!!
Will do brother :!: . I'll tell ya' what, I don't know If anybody gets this worked up over a new rig 8-[ . I don't think I'll sleep a frickin' wink tonite :grin: :grin:

1044 said:
Ain't nuthin' wrong with that pit =D> , Puff. It ain't the canvas, it's the artist. Just get to cookin'! :D

That's exactly right! I used to cook on a Charbroil Smoker and made some pretty good Q with it! If you need any help through the course of the cook Puff, just ask. Anyone here will be happy to help you out!

I was only trying to help the guy out, I didn't say there was anything wrong with his pit...and excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for not referring him to the resident expert on every pit known to man...Larry.

I'm outta here!!!!

Bruce B said:
I was only trying to help the guy out, I didn't say there was anything wrong with his pit...and excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for not referring him to the resident expert on every pit known to man...Larry.

I'm outta here!!!!

I didn't say I was an expert at anything Brucie. I too, was trying to offer Puffy some reassurance that his pit was a good one and tried to offer some advice if he needed any. Sorry I didn't mean to step on any toes here. Just trying to help.

New Pit

Puff Man,
I have a 150.00 pit and a 3,000.00 pit. My Q on the cheapo is as good as the Q on the million $$$ job that sits there most of the time. :)
I am as proud of my 12 year old Brinkmann PitMaster Deluxe as I am my expensive rig.
I am no expert either, but I have been smoking for about 20 years and consider myself to be pretty good at it with a couple trophies even. :!:

I smoked 1 rack of Baby Backs yesterday and it was the WORST damn BBQ I have ever tasted!!!!!!!!! I even tried finishing them off in the oven and got tired of wasting my time, wrapped them in foil and threw them out on the back steps hoping a dog would come by and drag them off in the night. :-(
Damn dogs didn't even want them. There still out there right now staring at me through the back door wondering if I am going to Jack with them again today. I think I am going to make a fire in the fire pit and sacrafice them to the BBQ Gods. :-X
So there all you BBQ experts out there.
Smoke On!!!!!
Whew, I am glad I got that of my mind. Where's the aspirin? :D
ed

It's not the smoker that makes the man, it's the man that makes the smoker! Puff, I can't wait to see pics of the proud man with his new smoker! BTW, Happy Birthday!

7.gif

4.gif

Puff,
The Chargriller is an excellent cooker. http://chargriller.com
For the money you can't get a more versatile BBQ pit. The cast iron
cooking grates make it perfect for direct or indirect grilling. With
the offset fire box it makes a pretty decent smoker.
I've got one of the older models, the new ones have some improvements
but here are a couple mods that will make it even better.

Fire box basket mod, makes ash drawer usable.

Chimney extention mod to 2" above grates
helps to control temps

Also, hanging the charcoal grate that's in the cooking chamber upside
down will act as a tuning plate to keep temps more even.

Butt went on at 8 :grin: Ribs goin' on at 1 :grin: I'll have pics later :grin:

oompappy said:
Puff,
The Chargriller is an excellent cooker. http://chargriller.com
For the money you can't get a more versatile BBQ pit. The cast iron
cooking grates make it perfect for direct or indirect grilling. With
the offset fire box it makes a pretty decent smoker.
I've got one of the older models, the new ones have some improvements
but here are a couple mods that will make it even better.
Fire box basket mod, makes ash drawer usable.
Chimney extention mod to 2" above grates
helps to control temps
Also, hanging the charcoal grate that's in the cooking chamber upside
down will act as a tuning plate to keep temps more even.

Looks somewhat like mine except I got a friendd to weld the Chargriller firebox to a 55 gallon drum , and make a chimmey for it out of a stainless steel truck exhaust pipe, mine gets up to 300 degrees at its hottest. The first time i tried to use it was a disaster but with a few modifications it works just fine now.

Hey Puff, where's the pic's dude? You can't just leave us hanging like this brother??? What's up wit dat?

I'm thinking since he got such a late start on the butt, they had a late dinner last night. 8-[

I got pretty drunk yesterday, could barely see the screen #-o . But anyways heres the pics. =D> Everything came out pretty good, It was hard to keep a good temp, it was pretty cold out. The only thing I didn't like was the tray in the fire box got full before I was done, other than that I'm :grin: :grin: http://img206.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 09zpz.smil

Nice stuff Puff. One big mistake you made, you posted a picture of your wife. Now these guys will start with the comments and the ....... well you know. But good looking cook buddy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom