Standing Rib Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
I'm experimenting a little today on the Fast Eddy. I'm cooking a very small rib roast for the three us, the bones are for the dogs. I inserted several garlic cloves and then rubbed with some Plowboys Bovine Bold (heard it was good on beef). Covered with brown sugar and set it in the smoke for a couple of hours. Internal temps are now close to 100 and am raising the temp to 375 to carmelize the exterior. Here's a pic before raising the temps.

Got some twiced baked potatoes to add later and will be adding some grilled asparagus as well.

A little of both, Jim. It's a little over a 4lb roast and the other thing is the temp probe for the Fast Eddy Cooker.

Nice looking roast Dallas, I have one in the oven as well.

Jim that FEC100 Therm is over $200 retail...... :shock:

Well got to agree that is one purty roast. Cant believe anybody serve up grand prize winning beef ribs to dawgs :shock: Now I bees glad to throw em a bone after I get done gnawing on em. That was always my favorite part when Winn Dixie used to run the whole choice grade bone in model ribeyes on sale for 2.99. I cut off the ribs to cook separate and slice the roast up into steaks for the grill. My crew just appreciates good steaks mo betta than good roast. Now they will kill over good beef ribs. Only way the dawgs get a bone is if they could whup the duck..which wasn't an easy task:) Good job bro. Merry Christmas.

bigwheel

Well I just went and kicked all my dawgs over this deal. Hopefully they have some kinda collective conscience. I gonna double check with Ophra about it. May go kick em again. Who knows?

bigwheel

Ya just can't beat those FE's. A comp team in a FBA sanctioned event took four first place finishes with one some time ago.

Great looking roast.

Back
Top Bottom