St. Louis style Ribs are on the WSM *FINAL PICS ADDED*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCook

Senior Cook
Put the ribs on at noon. Used the sugarless recipe I found on virtual weber bullet website, except I added brown sugar and cinnamon...LOL! Figured it would complement the heat well. The WSM is running a little hot today...about an hour and a half into the cook its about 264F with all bottom vents closed all the way.

Trimmed them St. Louis style.

More pictures to come...

Good looking ribs! As hot as it is, you may not have needed to light the charcoal, just put the WSM in the sun.

LOL...yea no kidding!

Seriously though...its up to 271F and all bottom vents are closed and I dont see any air gaps anywhere. Should I try closing the top vent or is that bad?

Its up to 280F, but I think I figured it out. Its a little breezier than last time I used the smoker and I just noticed that the top vent is facing the direction the wind is coming from. I'm going to close the top vent to bring the temp. down then Im going to turn the lid so the top vent faces opposite direction. Hopefully that will do the trick

If wind is going to continue to be an issue you can always build a wind break with a piece of plywood cut into thirds and a couple of hinges...

It's been 3 hours and I pulled the ribs, lightly sauced, foiled and put back on the smoker. The temp. is back to normal. I wonder if being 270-280F for an hour or so is going to hurt the cook at all? I may have to pull them earlier than the anticipated 6 hours.

Here are the pictures at 3 hours:

right on!!! Those look delicious!!! Make sure you eat all of them man!!! :D [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen! I did pull early, at 5 hours. They were very good, wife and inlaws loved them. Having family/friends compliment your bbq always makes it worth it. Here are the final pics:

I think I read some bad comments somewhere online about Cattlemen's bbq sauce, but it was pretty good if I dont say so myself.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom