Split Chicken Breasts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Got an early start to the weekend last night! Did 4 split chicken breasts...soaked in Kosmo's Q chicken soak for about 5hrs, then rubbed with Smokin Coles bbq rub and on the weber Kettle with a chunk of hickory! GOOOOD!!!

Attachments

• chicken_01_1.jpg
    chicken_01_1.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 670
Captain Morgan said:
what's that Kosmo stuff, and what is it's flavor profile?

Jim, the Kosmo's chicken soak is more of a "already mixed" brine type deal...just drop 3/4 of the product in half a gallon of water and you're good to go. I thought it worked pretty well...no noticeable flavor profile...but that could be because of the rub and sauce too. I did purposely overcook the chicken by about 15* to see if the product would give people a bigger margin of error when doing the breasts and I have to admit that it did succeed in that test...here is a sliced pic.

Attachments

• Chicken_3.jpg
    Chicken_3.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 647
Captain Morgan said:
well it looks juicy, but with no flavor, you're telling me
the only benefit is just a premixed brine recipe?

I just got an email from the owner...here is what he said when I asked him about the chicken soak:

I mainly made it for comp purposes. I just wanted something that could be mixed with heating and done onsite instantly.

Everything already said goes for me to Greg.

I just went on Kosmo's Q website to check out the chicken brine product and they sell it in a 1/2 lb. sampler and a 2 lb. bag. How much are you putting in a half gallon of water, 3/4 of the 1/2 lb. bag or 3/4 of the 2 lb. bag?

Back
Top Bottom