Spice grinding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
The "I love paprika" thread posted by Cliff a couple of weeks ago generated some discussion about grinders. I decided to get the model Stogie uses and tried it for the first time yesterday. I happened to have the right mixer so got the adapter to use with it. I love it as it does larger continuous batches of consistent product with very little mess - I had product all over the kitchen using a coffee grinder. Her's a pic of me hard at work grinding paprika for my rub :D :D

That is a good idea. I have been using Mr coffee grinder lately.. Made some Hot Chile Expresso :shock:

Rag said:
Are you grinding your own peppers, or bought ones?
I'm grinding my own right now, but when I need more, I believe the dried peppers from the local Mexican store, when further dried and ground, to be better than the already ground products. I'll be picking the last of my paprika and poblano peppers this week for drying and grinding. I just dry mine in one of those round multi-stack dehydrators and keep the temp at 125 so they don't cook and turn brown - takes a few days, but my powder ends up red & sweet - see Cliffs first pic.

You are right about the sweet. I give people a taste and they ask, "what's in it". :shock: Duh.

Back
Top Bottom