Spares and Sirloin Tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was surprized how tender it was, not melt in your mouth but not chewy either. Great for cold or hot sammies. I warmed up a mound and melted some cheeze on top.... Man, oh Man!!! I think slicing as thin as you can get it is the key. The grain on these goes in three different directions so about 2/3's of the way in I had to change the cut angle and work around two veins of grizzle.

oompappy said:
I was surprized how tender it was, not melt in your mouth but not chewy either. Great for cold or hot sammies. I warmed up a mound and melted some cheeze on top.... Man, oh Man!!! I think slicing as thin as you can get it is the key. The grain on these goes in three different directions so about 2/3's of the way in I had to change the cut angle and work around two veins of grizzle.

Absolutely Pappy! That's what I do with my pit beef (top round).

it all looks great!

thanks for posting this Oompappy, I'll have to try a sirloin tip roast ... it's much cheaper and easier to find than brisket here ... did you get a final internal temp of the roast before you removed it?

Sorry Shawn, I didn't check the internal temp on this roast. My plan was to just let it go the 6 hours with the ribs and see what happend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom