Something new to me............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Local grocery store had "country style ribs" on sale for $1.99 lb. My wife brought home what was on sale and they are labeled as "pork loin country style ribs". I opened the pack of ribs and had never seen what I saw. From the way they were packaged they looked like country style ribs, when I opened them I realized it was basically pork loin that was partially sliced through. Never seen this before. Anyways, looks like good meat, pretty lean, but enough fat to make them good. Anyone else ever seen these?? I'll post finished pic's later.

BTW, cooking indirect with apple wood and Wolfe Rub Original.

My local supermarket cuts them from the loin also. Costco cuts them from a butt. I hope your having a party with all that meat you have in the picture. I'm guessing you gave up on the diet because you knew you were gonna lose to me anyway! :LOL:

Whut you got is real "country style ribs." Most time up here you buy something with that label is thick sliced Boston Butt..which not only aint a country style rib but aint no rib at all. You a lucky boy. Must be living clean etc.

bigwheel

I'll post finished pic's when I get home tonight. We won't be buying these again. Almost all fat! Good flavor but just too much fat! Like me!

Well I wasn't crazy about the ones I ate last night, but got into them a little deeper when I got home and they were pretty darn good! But I decided to make shredded tacos out of them anyways. So I put them into 2 cups of water and a couple heaping TBS's of WRO and simmered for an hour, let the broth reduce down and then shredded! Turned out fantastic!!

Pic's from last nights dinner.

And shredded pork tacos from tonight!

Shaken not stirred,... I'll drink to that larry. Whats that Green & red stuff covering up the shredded pork :?: :idea: I know its a Christmas dinner ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom