Some food Ii've done recently

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Goose poops...oops, I mean jerky. It was good! Cooked these in the FE.
img_234236_0_8a8058c1185e7b918c687ca468c29c5b.jpg

Salted Cantlope <snicker>

img_234236_1_80fc54cd18810d817434e5be9ab1c2d5.jpg

This one was last Sundays breakfast. mmmmm Patti Melt! It was outstanding!

img_234236_2_5265c74c6985200f8833ad5ffaa14627.jpg

I was lucky enough to get a call from Food Network last Wed. night 7:30pm for a food comp on Thursday 7am. I was up till 1am runnin round tryin to get what ever i was gonna cook & packin all my $h@*. Under cooked the pork loin. I was sooo pissed off I forgot I made a brocolli <spelling> cheese, onion stuffed fatty for back up. I was "under pressure". lol 3rd place outta 3 cooks cause of it was under done. Hard to see the raspberry glazed slices at the top of the pic. I over reduced the glaze too. Mixed green, candied walnuts, bleu cheese, and orange segments was the side. This was my turn in. I guess I lived and learned.

img_234236_3_b8a127c67d93e690d53b6ed12570bbf2.jpg

Smokey Lew said:
What's the deal with Food Network calling for a competition? Very impressive. Seems there's a story here that needs telling.

They were having a Head to Head challenge downtown (I hate downtown) by Coors Field at the Blue Moon brewery. Coors was sponsoring the challenge. I signed up for it and got a call the day before the comp. cause someone dropped out. They filmed the whole thing and I was told that parts of it would air during breaks on a show called "BBQ Smoke, fans of the flame". Not sure if they'll past my mug on any commercials. Haha! They did stand in front of all of us and asked questions and watched our lousy techniques. hahaa! The guy who won was a chef of 27 years...go figure. It sure sounds better to tell people "I came in 3rd place" rather than "I got my ass kicked" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Like I said, I undercooked the pork that's what did me in. Otherwise I think I woulda had a damn good chance. IMHO I got em' both on presentation.

Also the guy who won, Lit his smoker after he was told not to, and turned in an entree, a side and a salad. Was supposed to be an entree and a side only. No biggie it wouldn't have changed the outcome for me. :oops:

I freaking love patty melts.

It doesn't sound like you feel too bad about the show, and you shouldn't.
12 hours notice? They should give you a freaking reward for saving their
show!

You and Puff are my new heroes......plug it in, call it BBQ and get famous!

At least Myron uses charcoal AND lighter fluid..... :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
You and Puff are my new heroes......plug it in, call it BBQ and get famous!

At least Myron uses charcoal AND lighter fluid..... :roll:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: might I add, the guy who won it all, lit up with charcoal fluid. :? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

And I gotta add it still pisses me off I forgot to add 3 outta 7 toppings to my Flucking salad even tho the gd pork loin wasn't done enough. :D :oops: :oops: I was wakin' up at night and first thing i'd think of was ...GDit! How do you forget 3 outta 7? cheeeze whizzzzzz! :!:

Well Buck I certainly feel your pain. Fortunately my Daddy was a good one to instill empathy in his chillins. Only thing which seems plausible is you did not have enough hooch to drink on this deal. If you fill up on sour mash it calms the nerves and folks remember stuff mo betta.

That patty melt is off the hook. I have a sudden need to go shopping for the ingredients. The what's for dinner question has been answered. Outstanding!

Obviously the TV people have no idea what real BBQ should taste like. Who in the heck would use lighter fluid and call themselves a professional and who the heck judged the stuff...OMG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom