Some Butts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Well gettin ready fer the 2nd weekend a sept, got a job were doin so started smokin the meats.

Here be two of em, one picnic an a butt, did 5 last night, boy, it sure was chilly durin the night, fall is here an summer ain't over yet! Whooped up some plain jane abt's fer a snack, used my japs, man, them sure are sweet! No heat to em at all but great flavor! No pics of em, was to tired ta look fer the camera!

img_198332_0_b2bfe2f3591d85a1d5c08a8f1a34597e.jpg

Here be the picnic after a nap in the cooler (after my nap to!).

img_198332_1_b20ac89224141ad065855ebd58ba5e85.jpg

The picnic pulled an a butt waitin it's turn.

We got two roasters full sittin in the ice box, gonna bag an freeze later in the day.

I'll be addin bout 50 pounds a slaw, 250 ears a sweet corn an makin enough smoke in the holler beans an apple cobblers ta feed 200 plus a week from next friday!

And I got bout 5 more butts ta do!

Hillbilly said:
I'll be addin bout 50 pounds a slaw, 250 ears a sweet corn an makin enough smoke in the holler beans an apple cobblers ta feed 200 plus a week from next friday!

And I got bout 5 more butts ta do!

I cant wait to see that!

Looks like we're doing bout the same thing this week-end cept mine is for next Saturday. Did a dozen buuts and 6 briskets last night with the same content going on tonight. Rained here today, so closed the pit and got some sleep. My sides are easier, Beans, CB and CS. Mine is pulled, vac sealed and frozen by now. Got a party to do tomorrow, so some of tonights cook will go fer that. Will put on 4 more brisket and 4 butts next Fri night so we will have display meat when we get there. Usually don't take the pit to the site as that is an Xtra $150 charge, but when we do, need something to slice or pull on it.
dj

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom