So What yall Qin this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
I'm havin withdrawals been rainin here almost 2 weeks, I'm thinkin Mexican like faitas & green chilli stew

wittdog said:
It was 4* here this morning with a wind chill of -7*....me and the boys made chocolate chip cookies

Boy that would make easy to cold smoke somethin. I'll blow some yall way...

Im thinkin about ribs this weekend. Temp high around 60* so it should be nice smokin weather. Winter finally hit here....Low's in the mid 30's. :shock:

I'm doin some Chorizo and Chicken Thigh Gumbo this weekend. gonna make the roux saturday night and make the gumbo as well then chill it overnight. Put it in the 'slow cooker' on Sunday for family... :D

I've been aging these since Tuesday. I'm grilling the two on the right tonight and the three on the left tomorrow night.

I hope I like aged beef. I'm really not sure if I've eaten aged beef before. Does Ruth Chris have aged beef? I've had their steaks.

cleglue said:
I've been aging these since Tuesday. I'm grilling the two on the right tonight and the three on the left tomorrow night.

I hope I like aged beef. I'm really not sure if I've eaten aged beef before. Does Ruth Chris have aged beef? I've had their steaks.

They look like they're gonna be awesome Craig! Yes RC serves aged beef.

The weather here is beautiful! Made 20 lbs. of sausage today for the freezer. It was a last minute thought. We're having a pot luck dinner here tomorrow nigyt and I'm doing a stuffed loin of pork. I decided at the last minute to make my own sausage for stuffing it, then I decided if I was gonna pull out all the equipment I might as well make a batch. Made Italian, potato, roasted garlic and bratwurst. I'm gonna grill up some of the potato sausage tonight, they smelled sooooooo gooooood! I'll post a few pics tomorrow of the finished results!

wittdog said:
It was 4* here this morning with a wind chill of -7*....me and the boys made chocolate chip cookies

Ain't that the truth????? I could use me a Red Dog! "It is the beer that will stop a train. The beer that will make me insane............"

Not cooking today, we have High School District finals in Swimming and Diving today. It's going to be a LOOOOOOOOOONG day.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Not cooking today, we have High School District finals in Swimming and Diving today. It's going to be a LOOOOOOOOOONG day.

You should have set the WSM up and dinner would have been ready when you came home!

Woodman said:
wittdog said:

Ain't that the truth????? I could use me a Red Dog! "It is the beer that will stop a train. The beer that will make me insane............"
Man that made me laugh..

Cooked up 2 fatties today one Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage and the other was an italian sausage Both rubbed with Wolfe Original,,

Messed around with some fire managment techniques trying to use sticks (White Oak) in my Brinkmann Smoke n Pit instead of just Charcoal. I might not try that again until the weather warms up. spent too much time outside and my toes are numb :) (shoud have started drinking earlier)

The Fatties came out ok cooked themto 170,, the Jimmy Dean one was dry but the Italian one was stlll juicy, probably due to the fat to pork ratio. The amount of sugar in the WRO made for a candy like crust, quite interesting

Tomorrow will be a 4 lb butt and a 3 lb chuck rubbed with Wolfe Bold to give me some lunch meat for the week.

Well thats my story and i'm sticking to it

Jon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom