So, what fuel for the fire?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
92hatchattack said:
Whats the dirrfence? I know when i go camping i make everything from pancakes and bacon to steak and potatoes on a grate straight over the campfire.

One difference is your not smikin pancakes or the bacon...that suff is in a pan.....

lol, i know i cook those on a skilled over the fire.. but what im asking is, is cooking with charcoal better than using straight up wood, or is it the other way around?

Oh boy here we go. At one time I'd burn wood to coals as I was a purest. Now it's lump and a few wood chunks in Dallas (the WSM) Heck, I have a GODSM that runs on LP that I use every now and then for butts. I never do gas Q for myself. Just for the stupid public that can't tell. ie KRAFT VS Swamp Sauce or Rev Marvin's. That stuff I like very much! :D

Pigs
A lump head 8)

the answer lies in what you're cooking.
A heat source is a heat source.

A woodfire makes no better pancakes than an electric griddle, unless
you like smokey pancakes.

Charcoal is used to provide stable, consistent burning temps.
Wood chunks and chips are used for adding flavor.

Actually for grilling or just about any other kinda outdoor type cooking I can't detect a bit of flavor difference twixt high dollar lump and high dollar propane..or electricity for that matter. That why for each time I use charcoal the gasser will have been used about a thousand times. Now there are some exceptions to the rule where the briquettes are infused with wood chips etc. Now I aint neva bumped into much of it which would blow Aunt Myrtles dress up over her haid. The Kingsford mesquite flavor is a classic example. You can smell a little mesquite smell in there but they apparently using some stinky old N. Texas Mesquite..which smells like a big pile of smoldering jock straps when it burns. If they would start ordering boxcar loads of Mesquite from around Corpus..Kingsville..Robistown Over There...it would surely improve the quality of their product. That S. Texas Mesquite smells like Chanel #5. Grilling direct over electric is sorta nasty. I would skip that one.

bigwheel

Well on the burning jock straps I just using my over achieving imagination. Now as concerns the camera photograhica I aint real inclined towards using it. Way too much inconvenience to make me want to use one. I'm a real busy person ya know?

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom