So anybody cooking this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spent all afternoon splitting cherry wood. Some to take to Redneck in Tejas to trade for some pecan this week when we get my pit. The rest is for my use this summer.

Hey folks, sounds like a great weekend all around.

I was home and did two butts (Mr.Brown), beans, potatoe salad and spinach salad for the first post-winter family BBQ get together of the year; son's BDay.

Wife accidentilly ordered boneless butts, the two of them weighed in at 19.8 lbs. They were nicely deboned and trimmed, but I scalped the fat off 'em anyway.

The cook went great even though it was very windy. I used my Smokin Jacket, foiled around 180 and was finished 1 HOUR EARLY!! Didn't have to get up with them in the night either. 17 hours.

Beans were doctored canned beans featuring diced onion and a whole ring of ham sausage. Smoked for 5 hours. They were the hit of the meal.

My first attempt at potatoe salad. Just threw it together, 1/2 Mayo, 1/2 Miricle Whip, hickory smoked salt, pepper and a bit of Mr.Brown rub, a bit of prepared mustard. Radishes, celery, green onions, hb eggs. Really tasty.

Shawn, that tater salad sounds pretty good, especially for a first attempt....to mine I'll add some paprika for color and a little vinegar for some xtra zip (not a big miracle whip fan)

I didn't get to run my WSM this weekend, but ran the Lazy Man grill (hamburgs/cheeseburgs, hot dogs marinated chicken breasts, buttered toasted buns) for the biker run that came into the bar yesterday. Spent saturday making potato salad, pasta salad, cole slaw and baked beans (with some pulled pork and maple syrup to doctor 'em up). Things ran pretty smooth, considering everything was grilled at order time (no pre-fabs!), and about 40 bikers showed up at once. Did about 35 burgers, 10 chicken breasts and maybe a half dozen dogs in about an hour or so. Ran out of pretty much everything, so our side prep was just the right amount of product. What a blast it was!! Did a good enough job that the grill will be a regular feature for me on the weekends during the summer.

We won't start the every weekend thing til May first, so I'll have a few weekends to get the WSM going :D

Rob

Captain Morgan said:
tater salad sounds real good. Your first recipe? I believe you caught the Tater!
It really was .... my only regret is I didn't bring some back with me from home.

I always loved tater salad, but I've always bought it or someone else brought it. The main thing I was trying to highlight is the idea to add a bit of the Q rub to it to make it complimentary. It worked well with my Mr.Brown rub this time.

Back
Top Bottom