Snow/Ice and Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleglue

Head Chef
School was cancelled here in the south because of a little snow. I bought a slab of ribs last night just in case they called off school. I put these on the WSM at 11AM. I rubbed with mustard and D-Dogs original rub.

Looking good Craig!! It's amazing what a little snow will close in NC!! I lived in Carolina Beach in the 80's, it snow a foot one March 1st and we were off school for over a week!!

Bruce B said:
You call that snow????

Well remember, we are in the south here Bruce. They closed local school districts all around us and we dont have a flake one on the ground. GO FIGURE.

Thats just a dusting...but it's nice to see that all of our Southern Bros aren't a bunch of ............... Can't wait to see the finished pics.

cleglue said:
Here is what happen two weeks ago when they didn't call off school. We don't drive to well on just alittle ice or snow in the South.

Some of us do. Those who don't are the same ones who feel compelled to buy 3 gallons of milk and 5 loaves of bread every time there's a mention of snow in the forecast. I've never understood it, myself. [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

And to think...I look forward to going out on the 2-3" of snow covered roads BEFORE the snowplow's come out so I can get some good traction.
The first couple of runs of the plows make the roads worse.

Good looking ribs! ;)

I don't mind the snow (grew up in the mountains of NC) but the ice storms down here SUCK! I'll take snow any day.

:D I'm sure glad I didn't need any bread or milk because the stores were wiped out last night.

Watching the local TV stations makes me very happy that I survived "DEATH STORM 2007". :P

I thought these ribs would never get done. I took them off at 7PM. They didn't recess on the bone like most ribs. They also didn't break in the middle when picked up. I was hungry and it was getting late so I pulled them. I let them rest about 15 minutes then cut them. They were very tender and the meat came off the bone more than I like. I don't understand why they didn't look like they were done.

After the "snowstorm" you had down there.......
That dinner looks mighty good [smilie=a_bravo.gif]

Back
Top Bottom