Snow day Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
The brisket that I smoked a few days ago inspired me to give it to my Inlaws and make another one.

I have already noticed a couple of things by adding additional probes.

Wittdog thought the grate temp and the dome temp might be reading different on my drum. Sure enough, there is a 10-15 deg difference beside the meat and over the meat.

Thanks Dave. ;)

My Maverick probes are a couple of years old now and I believe they need to be changed out. I am getting 15 deg variatons in the flat from one unit to another.

When it is close to done I plan to turn off all the monitors except grate level pit temp and rely on the FORCE. :LOL:

I have this one rubbed down with a mix of WRB and TXBBQ Rub. Injected with a mix of low sodium beef broth and wooster.

What do you call this white stuff again ? :LOL:

Going to get me one of those mavericks. Cliff looks like you got a good snow. I"m 24 miles south of Jonesboro LA. and ours didn't stick.

This brisket acted much more respectable than the last one. :LOL:

Total cook time from flat to burnt ends was 13 hours on one load of lump in the uds with a wsm charcoal ring. Foiled at 170 after a three hour plateau at 165.

The flavor was outstanding.

The chickens were great also. I understand that breast meat is hard to score with in competetion but butterflying and turning to breast down halfway thru the cook has made some very moist breast meat for me. ;)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... kmp7e&Ux=0

Cliff you're getting in a groove with the UDS!!! Very nice brisket and birds!!!

Now if we could just get the other Trash Man from Mi to start cooking on his..... :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom