Snow BQ, 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
Here are some pictures I took today of my first experience cooking ribs via the direct method. Entire cook took about one hour. Cooked two rib racks with sauce and one rack dry, added vinegar based mop and dry rub after cooking to dry rack.

Used hardwood lump coal and 4 pecan logs for fuel. Nice smokey flavor, moist on the inside, crisp, slightly charred carmelized crispy exterior.

I think I liked the flavor of the smoked ribs that I made Wednesday a little better but in a rush the grilled method was terrific considering the time differential (1 hour vs 6).

Here are some pictures I took of the cook. Great ribs despite the snow!

http://community.webshots.com/user/dpacker01

Kloset

Wow, you guys got way more snow than we did. It has been snowing here since yesterday around 11am and we still only have a dusting on the ground. Our temps never really got cold enough for there to be any big accumulation.

Ribs look great. I love pictures when there is snow everywhere and the old BBQ is just chuggin' away.

QnBrew,

Yes, the hood was up the entire time. Flames shot up fairly high due to the pork fat rendering off the ribs. Glad I had the adjustable rack! Ribs were tender and juicy in only one hour.

Was it this weekend you were to get your Gator Grill? Post some pictures when you can. I'll looking forward to seeing your grill in action.

Kloset

Chris Finney said:
I'm going to beat you guys with a stick if you don't start using picture hosting sites that I can get to from work! :bbbat:

Sorry Chris, I tried three times last week to send you some pics but the email was returned each time. I think the problem was on my end (files too big)

Kloset

Kloset...do you "need" to have an adjustable rack to do the ribs or could I do the same thing on my Silver B?? Probably would never do it that way but just wondering?! :!:

Greg,

You only need an adjustable rack if you want to cook directly over the flames. Without it they'll burn up. You can do them cooking indirect on your Genesis using a rib rack though.

QnBrew said:
Kloset BBQR said:
QnBrew,

Was it this weekend you were to get your Gator Grill? Post some pictures when you can. I'll looking forward to seeing your grill in action.

Kloset

Yes, I brought the grill home Saturday from Houston. I'm about to run it up to the Backwoods shop where it will be put on a trailer with my smoker, so it will probably be a couple of weeks before it's ready. :badgrin:

Nice meeting you and the wife last weekend Q!

Back
Top Bottom