Snacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
Had a day off and wanted to smoke. I had nothing in the freezer to speak of so I freestyled a bit. Made my Scotch Eggs and Bacon wrapped sweet onion.
img_230688_0_3a6acd1bc3d86f6c8589ad1fb1be69fc.jpg

img_230688_1_3f6b0efea00ff91ec9b20b2b04a73e6a.jpg

img_230688_2_3367b51f834c54f308509e82399bf52d.jpg

img_230688_3_57eb866675fa750cbe635621c7f15df0.jpg

Well kindly cut the eggs on my Scotch. I will have Johnny Walker Green if somebody else is buying of course. Speaking of cutting..bet somebody eat a few of those delicacies in the pic could surely win the morning pharting contest. I would add some boiled cabbage..buttermilk..pork n beans and raw garlic just to be on the safe side and there was some money riding on it.

bigwheel

BeeRich said:
Scotch Eggs are traditionally baked. Not sure how he's done his though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_egg
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. interesting. My Dad gave me a couple recipies years ago that he and his sister had from Scotland when they were kids. The eggs were deep fried. I guess my Grandmother liked to fry almost everything according to the recipies I got. Unfortunatly I can't eat mcuh of anything fried anymore, so I put some rub on the outside like a Fatty and smoked em.

They're English. The Scottish deep fry everything. I lived in Edinburgh for a year. I once grabbed a piece of pizza because it was the only thing they didn't deep fry. He said "oh let me heat that up for you" and tossed it into the deep fryer.

Smoked versions could be very very good. Given the nature of the sausage on the outside, anything we've seen here could be integrated. But one thing is for sure, people love 'em. A staple for mobile food, picnics.

BeeRich said:
They're English. The Scottish deep fry everything. I lived in Edinburgh for a year. I once grabbed a piece of pizza because it was the only thing they didn't deep fry. He said "oh let me heat that up for you" and tossed it into the deep fryer.

Haha you're absolutely right I'm from Glasgow born and bred, and in the chippies(chip shops) absolutely everything is fried. They used to do deep fried Mars bars for people but I think they stopped that now, only a few places do it. It's mental the amount of food that is deep fried up here. Don't get me wrong I love deep fried but something just aren't meant to be cooked that way.

Back on topic though, those look fantastic. I definitely will try these myself.

Do you mind if I use this recipe on my blog, you will be credited of course! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom