Smokin' Neighbors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluzQue

Head Chef
Two new neighbors moved in this summer. The guy across the road is from Peurto Rica & next door is from Panama. The frequent smoke comin' from my garage/cookshack/hideout brought these fellas over for introductions. Seems both of 'em love to smoke/grill their ethnic foods. I think I've hit paydirt! We've initially talked up some food/recipe swapping in the near future. What they don't realize yet....is I cook year round....hot, cold, wet. dry.....Hell I'm like the freakin' mailman :LOL: If something good comes out of these proposed collaborations....I'll be havin' some interesting posts :D

probably gonna have to learn Spanish :roll:

8)

Simone (see - mone) essay. I cant wait to see some of those pics.......Im like you I cook all year around. Rain, Shine or Snow, It doesnt matter to me. ;)

BQ, that could be very interesting.

I'm another one of those that Q all seasons. You might be interested in the Frozen Few virtual bbq contest Super Bowl weekend.

But seriously, cross-cultural cuisine can be really good because it benefits from the traditions of both. I bet you get some interesting recipes, tips, etc...[/quote]

And hope he shares some of those recipes :)

Someone in my neighborhood has a smoker, just can't tell where it's coming from. Sure would like to find out and turn em onto this site. I guess I better start peekin over the back fences.

I live next to an Italian who keeps leaving a dead fish wrapped in newspaper on my door step. I don't think he's looking for a recipe.

Rag said:
I live next to an Italian who keeps leaving a dead fish wrapped in newspaper on my door step. I don't think he's looking for a recipe.
This one?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5h7Tw_yWfr8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5h7Tw_yWfr8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rag said:

I wouldn't worry until they put a horse's head in your bed.

First of all, all those Italian remarks, I resemble those and I'm highly offended! ;) Second of all, they were pretty funny! :LOL: BQ, that could be a fun time with those neighbors, keep us posted. So Larry, what your saying is your neighbors hate you? Would da thunk?

Thanks for the comments fellas Hope these guys aren't all talk! So far they just been samplin' my food :roll:

8)

Hope so Big Bears...all I've been offered so far is some rum from PR that was way too STRONG :shock:

dmtky I'm in the big metropolis of Hoptown (Hopkinsville)

8)

Sounds like my neighbors. They all want samples or dinner when Im out cooking, but never seem to get anything in return...whats up with that?

Hope yours turn out better than mine!

Not yet dollarbill I think I'm more into the idea than they are :roll: The guy from PR did show up this weekend with something for me to try. Wished I had taken pics. He said it was a staple he grew up eating. His grandmother used to make it. Sounds & looks labor intensive. He did not make it (had a Dominican chef in a nearby TN town prepare it) He claims it is very expensive here because of ingredients. I'll go into how strange it looked if anyone is interested in another post. He brought me 4 & a cold Heineken. He stood there waiting to see if I would try it. Well the long & short of it is I ate all 4 servings he brought & drank the beer. The taste was AMAZING :shock: Basically made with pork, unknown spices & "minerals" (his words) plantins wrapped in banana leaves & the whole thing encased in a teabag like paper & tied up with string! He called it Pastele de Gwneo y Cerdo Has anyone out there heard of or tried this? It was very tasty!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom