Smoked spaghetti sauce/chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosko

Sous Chef
Sup all
Has anyone tried this on the smoker in like a cast iron pot?
Does the meat/sauce pick up the smoke or does it oxidize and get bitter?
CheersB!!

Hey sounds like a good plan. I aint much on smoked chili or sphagetti. We is po white Texas oil field trash..lol. So we eat funny..lol. One note for ya..goodies containing any type of an an acidic liquid (chili and spahgetti sauce as just two examples) do not play well with un-coated cast iron or nekked aluminum. It causes the metal to oxidize and can make it taste real funny in the right scenario. Two hours with reasonable temps..and/or as low as you can go with a bunch of smoke and no lid on the pot..stirred every now and then should work well. Works like a charm on pinto beans anyway. Let us know how it turns out. Thanks. PS..Now for a big pot of non acidic stuff pintos..brown stew..cherry dump cake etc. the cowboy cookware is hard to beat.

Last edited:
I've done chili on the smoker. Usually do if it's above 0 degrees outside. It gets a nice smokey flavor into it, left open to the smoke for about an hour, then covered, or transferred int the crock pot. as far a the spaghetti sauce, I have no idea on that one. Might be tough because you have to stir it so much.

Thanks for replies......
I'll give it a go when the weather turns a bit colder, I will try beans and bean soup as well

Sounds like a winner Sir! Boozer if the heat aint very high the skettie sauce dont need stirring much either. That is how I make my world famous januine Eyetalian meat balls which poach themselves in Tomater sauce in the big electric skillet. In fact a person could cold smoke it if they wanted to not cook or stir it any. Or seems so. Let me know.

But, if you don't stand there stirring the sauce all day, how can you feel like a real Italian?

I had rather watch a big bottomed red neck gal stirring cream gravy in a pair of tight Wranglers. That can look like two bobcats fighting in a tow sack ya know?

I know exactly what you mean, and agree 100%. The other day I spent about 10 minutes watching the wife scrub the bathtub in her workout shorts, until she noticed I was there and made me leave. After that, I found a maid service that cleans your house, naked, or in sexy maid outfits while you watch. If I ever become rich somehow...

Hmmm..Very interesting. Do they have any cute pretend cop ladies with short skirts..thong underwear and toy handcuffs etc? They put on a good show at the Irving Elks for birthday boys etc. They can make a person feel sorta busted. They give the alleged perp a good searching etc. Sure wished a smart person had not have hid their bizness card so well. kick kick.

pound ground chuck and pound Italian sausage with diced onion

spwsvk.jpg

Browning on smoker

2lnx300.jpg

added sauce and fixins

2j5mknl.jpg

the meat is red from smoke, not being raw

2cpetqu.jpg

stoked box

mlqjpu.jpg

final.......very good......well worth the effort for sure!!!

28h0ps9.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!
Next time I'm tripling the recipe........ need to give to Family and Friends.
I'll never make chili another way again........dead serious!!!

Back
Top Bottom