Smoked Ring Bologna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Used Beach Wood. Over smoked it. Good for beans now, that's about it. Too bitter on its own. Mustard didn't help the taste ether.

img_240733_0_0986db4b1a290febb67e6f4204be9770.jpg

img_240733_1_191cffabdc140cf3283c287b1e03cc6c.jpg

img_240733_2_8ad9b140a71898a651e646075519a46b.jpg

Chicken and baked beans for supper tonight.

bigwheel said:
How sad sure looks good. Maybe you could skin it and just eat the middle.

Nope, tried that. Made a batch of beans with it. They came out great. Beans sucked up some of the smoke. Kind of nice when you can make something with your screw up. :D

ScottyDaQ said:
Was it right out of the fridge when you put it on?

Yup. Think that's where I went wrong right off the start. I also know I used WAY too much wood in the box. A little goes a hell of a long way in that thing. I'm learning.

ScottyDaQ said:
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
ScottyDaQ said:

Yup. Think that's where I went wrong right off the start. I also know I used WAY too much wood in the box. A little goes a hell of a long way in that thing. I'm learning.

Yup...cold meat loves to suck in the smoke.

Dude, I had to use a number 10 can of bushes, and a number 5 can of Grandma Browns, about 2 cups molasses, and ketchup and brown sugar to tone it down. :LOL:
Live and learn. Beans came out KILLER! If I was making beans again, I'd smoke the snot out of it again. :LOL:

ScottyDaQ said:
ScottyDaQ said:

Yup...cold meat loves to suck in the smoke.

Cold meat absorbs no more smoke than room temp meat. You will get a better smoke ring with cold meat.

With that said, the only ways you can over smoke meat is by an improper burning fire or too much wood.

Fine thinking job there Senor Pigs. You know actually the coonasses have a similar product called Andouille. Just a little rougher grind and different ingredient list. Specifically designed as seasoning meat. Takes a beer drinking cigarette smoker to take it straight..least the way Chef Folse taught me how to make it:) I made a bunch of old harcore skeptics break into a sweat a time or two. It was burning them up alive with heat and salt and way over smoked. They could not quit eating it. Was strange to watch. Now beanie weenies is my favorite food on earth so imagine that baloney tasted mighty down in there.

bigwheel said:
How sad sure looks good. Maybe you could skin it and just eat the middle.

Nope, tried that. Made a batch of beans with it. They came out great. Beans sucked up some of the smoke. Kind of nice when you can make something with your screw up. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom