Smoked Pork Ham Shanks Floating in a Bowl of Big Lima (Butter-Bean) Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Dave

Senior Cook
Does anyone on this forum ever do any black iron cooking?? Like maybe a camp Dutch oven?

img_262672_0_39bd76549a18b38f6265be0729981d82.jpg

A fellow can make up a pretty good meal off of this old fashioned way of cooking and baking.

img_262672_1_a73aa9939e522fb740e1039a0f63721c.jpg

img_262672_2_0e735b0bcb51d8b912bc18d7c2914c27.jpg

Dave

I use CI a lot but I use my Weber kettle as a heat source rather than placing coals over and under my dutch oven. I use skillets on my grill a lot too.

Nice stuff

I use mine make soups stews sauces and chili........

Nothin better then smoked meat chili

2h3ahw8.jpg

I used to dabble a little with DO stuff..mainly dump pineapple upside downcakes when clowning around at bbq contests. Looks good. We eat the beans on the side here in God's Country. If my Mama had served my Daddy a ham steak on top of a bowl of butter beans..it would not have been pleasant. She might could have joined Alice Kramden up on the Moon.

I used to dabble a little with DO stuff..mainly dump pineapple upside downcakes when clowning around at bbq contests. Looks good. We eat the beans on the side here in God's Country. If my Mama had served my Daddy a ham steak on top of a bowl of butter beans..it would not have been pleasant. She might could have joined Alice Kramden up on the Moon.

One of these days, Alice... pow! Right in the kisser! Lol

Back
Top Bottom