Smoked Meat Loaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Any one do meat loaf in there smoker? I just love the stuff. Makes great Sammy's also. A little Chipotle mayo on cheep white bread is hard to beat sometimes.Just wondering.

Ludi,
I only do using gas they don't turn out well! :D I'm just kidding with ya! I have always heard how good the smoked meat loaves are and always plan on doing one but never have gotten around to it! I am going to make a valiant effort sometime soon to make one! If you gotta good recipe I'd like to give it a shot!

Ole Man Jim's Meat Loaf

barbecued beef

5 lb Ground chuck roast
2.5 lb gound pork
2 large onions; minced
1 bell peppers (red, green, yellow); minced
16 oz Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs
2 oz cajun BBQ rub
2 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoon sage
6 large eggs; beaten
1/4 cup danny's glaze
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/3 cup Danny's Glaze Recipe
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
2 cloves garlic; minced

DANNY'S GLAZE
Place brown sugar, vinegar and yellow mustard in a
small pot and bring to
a simmer (Do not boil.)

MEATLOAF
Thoroughly hand mix first eleven (11) ingredients and
form into 2 equal
oaves. Place each loaf into a foil loaf pan and place
both into a 2750F
pit for 2-1/2 hours. Remove from pit, brush tops with
Danny's glaze and
return to pit for 15 more minutes.

Hey Larry,
I've got a good meatloaf recipe. Don't know why it wouldn't make a good smoked meatloaf. It's Paula Dean's Cheeseburger Meatloaf. It's got cheese in it, and you make a cheese sauce to put on it. Don't have it with me. I'll try to post it this weekend.

A couple of friends of mine from a list I have been part of for quite a few years. Danny has his own place. www.dannysbbq.com and ole Jim is one of those guys that have been doing BBQ for ever. And I do mean for ever.

I made one just a couple of weeks ago, and there is a difference.
Let mine get to dry, so the next day wasn't as good as I wanted, but the
slices I ate right off the grill were great.

Here you go Larry. Found it on the web.

Paula Dean's Cheeseburger Meatloaf and Sauce

1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon House Seasoning (garlic powder, black pepper, and salt mix)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1 cup grated Cheddar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup crushed crackers (recommended: Ritz)
1 teaspoon seasoned salt (recommended: Lawry's)
2 slices white bread
Sauce, recipe follows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix all ingredients together, except the bread slices and Sauce. Shape into a loaf. Line a 1 1/2-quart loaf pan with the bread slices. Place meatloaf on top. Bake loaf for 45 minutes. The bread absorbs the grease and should be discarded after loaf is removed from oven.

Sauce:
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar
Chopped onions, optional
1 bunch fresh parsley leaves, chopped, optional

Heat the soup and milk over medium heat; add the cheese. Add the chopped onions and parsley to the sauce, if desired. Pour Sauce over the meatloaf or pass at the table.

Just to prove I'm a nice guy, Let me fill you numb skulls in on a little secret. Wrap your meat loafs in Saran premium wrap. It's microwave safe and will not melt. Wrap them and put them in the smoker for a half hour. Remove them from the pit and unwrap. That way they will retain there shape and then the smoke can do its job.

Brew: It's nouthing more than a small can of chipotle peppers in a food proseser with a pint of Helmens mayo. Good stuff indeed!

LudiChris said:
Captain Morgan said:
Saran wrap! That's not BBQ!!!!!!!!! ;-) :axe: =; :ack:
And You never use foil I'm sure too! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

We had that arguement long before you got here.
You probably wouldn't have come back after that one. That was before we had rules about being nice. :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

I think it probably all got deleted, or at least most of it. Lots of cursing and name calling. Not nice names either. We're all just one big (mostly) happy family now. ;-)

I've done meatloaf quite a few times and like Ludi said, they are good eats. I put mine in an cheap aluminim pan for a 1/2 hour then pop um out and finish on the smoker. My son who normally eats like a bird, eats 5 slices when ever I make it. Any meatloaf reciepe you have works great.

Gotta question about the meatloaf. Could you put it in a pan that will mold it and refridgerate overnight or pop in the freezer for 30 minutes or so, just long enought to let it hold its shape in the cooker? Like I said before, I've never done one and this is simply an honest question. Seems like it would work???? Yes? No?

Larry Wolfe said:
Gotta question about the meatloaf. Could you put it in a pan that will mold it and refridgerate overnight or pop in the freezer for 30 minutes or so, just long enought to let it hold its shape in the cooker? Like I said before, I've never done one and this is simply an honest question. Seems like it would work???? Yes? No?
I haven't heard that approach before ~ Seems like we need someone to try it out... :p

(been a while since I'[ve seen that avatar....)

Back
Top Bottom