Smoked Flavored Chips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn White

Sous Chef
BBQinALASKA said:
Since I own a gas grill, I was looking at some Jack Daniels Hickory Smoked chips (you know the thinks you put in a smoker box or wrap in tin foil), but on the back there is a warning that says that "something, something about in the state of Cali these produce when burned chemicals that cause cancer"...what's up with that? are they safe to use? Or are they talking about it you stuck the wood chips in a pipe and smoked em, you could get cancer (DUH)...i know all about burnt meat has carsonagenics (spelling) that could cause cancer and all that...so is this a real risk or just another "if you stick your head in this plastic bag-you could die" warning?
Don't use them in California then :D

Actually, I've seen that on other BBQ related stuff like briquettes or gas grills. I think it's more like '<Grilling in general> is known to the state of California to produce carcinogens ...'.

It's just another decision you have to make. I chose not to worry about it. I qrill or make BBQ as often as I want (can).

Hell - Just living in California will give you cancer........and a whole lot of other things as well. :lmao:

I hate to inform youall that I will be dead soon. Yep, I must admit I've used those Jack Daniel chips, and used to smoke heavily with them. Hell I even drank all that stuff they keep in those barrels to flavor them with. And I drank a lot of that stuff. It must be really posionous. :lmao: :lmao:

Finney said:
Almost every thing that burns produce carcinogens. Your charcoal, your wood, the fat dripping on the hot metal inside your pit.
Face it... We're all doomed! [-o<
At least we will die young, fat and happy! \:D/ and not linger on forever in some nursing home eating mush.

Back
Top Bottom