Smoked Corned Beef on a Beautiful Saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimBear

Sous Chef
I just got back home from traveling this week and when I woke up this morning I just had to smoke something; so I remembered I had a corned beef brisket flat that I got last weekend before I left town. So I fired up the weber bullet with Kingsford Mesquite briquets and lump mesquite and got to business. I soaked the meat for about an hour to leech out some of the salt; then dried it and coated it it with nice layer of a home-made mustard sauce. I used regular yellow mustard, Goulden's Spicy Brown, Josie's Tantilizing Mustard and Robert Rothchilds Raspberry Honey Mustard (equal parts of all) :mrgreen: . Then I set the thermometer at 185* and settled the smoker at about 225*. I picked up a loaf fresh Jewish Rye Bread for the final product; I will send pics later of that! :P :P :P

Tim those are some big ass pictures you have going on there ... almost life size. It does look good and a corned beef on rye sound about as good as you can get. By the looks of the weather there I don't imagine you are not participating in the Frozen Few :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I'll be anxious to see the sammie pictures.

Vermin999 said:
Looks great!!! Was it very salty , did you soak it in some water first?

I soaked for about an hour (changed the water 4 times) and it was not salty at all. I used the Andy Boyd Brand of corned beef (a friend of mine owns that company). I also made corned beef hash this morning for breakfast.
:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom