Smoked Corned Beef on a Beautiful Saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TimBear said:
Oh look who just stopped by for some BEERFEST and Corned Beef sandwiches; it's Toby Keil

I all of a sudden I am handsome!

img_233175_0_e119c12e86cd1f631c9f98834ffa5264.jpg

TimBear that looks great! I am preparing to get a corned beef brisket soon. May have to try it your way. Where did you get one that big? Last time I purchased one that size it came from a friend who worked at a food distributor for restaurants.

bknox said:
TimBear that looks great! I am preparing to get a corned beef brisket soon. May have to try it your way. Where did you get one that big? Last time I purchased one that size it came from a friend who worked at a food distributor for restaurants.
That's probibly the best way to get it; most of them at retail stores are cut into smaller size cuts.

I wish I could but they no longer work there. Last time, about 3 years ago, I got a 12 lb corned beef brisket. I am always on the hunt for corned beef brisket at a decent price as I make them several times a year. Besides seeing them at better than $3 a pound (a bit much) they are really small, typically around 2 or 3 lbs. Maybe I need to visit Jetro in Chicago to get what I need fro St. Patricks day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom