Smoked cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Puff, I've done cheese a couple of times, but not like a normal way. I like montery jack. I make a box of foil the same size as the block of cheese. (Open top) Smoke for 2 hours at 190*. It melts but the foil box holds it all together. When it's done, either eat it as a dip while its still warm and melted or stick it in the refridgerater and after its hard again, slice like you normaly would. I'm sure somebody will say you will get sick from doing it like that, but it has worked well for me.

Cheese?

The Puff Man,
Smoke the cheese at the end of your meat smoke. As the coals are slowly going out, add a hunk of your smoking wood to them and put the cheese at the end of the chamber or coolest place in your smoker. Try and get the temp really low and smoke for an hour or so. Don't let the temp go up or you'll melt the cheese.
Really great smoked flavor!!!
Smoke On!!!!
Ed

I did some cheese a couple of years back. Some cheddar, colby Jack and provalone... turned out great. I did it in the winter time one evening... put very few lit charcoal coals in my offset firebox and then tossed on a few wet woodchips for smoke for a couple of hours.. works best in real cold weather. that way your cheese dont melt.... several pounds of melted cheese in the bottom of your smoker ain't a purdy site.

Ive done cheese several times like the TVWB info Bill posted ... turns out great.

Tried several kinds of cheese .. aged (2-3 year) white cheddar with apple wood is still my fav ... I like to smoke it for 90 minutes <90ºF but some think its too strong. more for me

Back
Top Bottom