Smoked Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Div

Senior Cook
7.35 lb flat peppercorn rub and fresh minced garlic jammed into the scores on the fat cap side although you dont need a water pan I have two rack in the drum so I put a pan in with apple juice and beer as well as mopping every hour with a spray bottle 3 parts apple juice 1 part beer 11.5 hours

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b6.jpg

b8.jpg

Dang..you need to check with some Texas folks afore you gonna try cooking stuff like that. Looks like you cooking some of that yankee pot roast on the pit. Send me only 20 bucks and I will show you how to cook a brisket.

bigwheel

Yankee pot roast ? lol the bark on that brisket alone is an aphrodesiac

next time ill slice it...take a pic, post it,,,then pull it lol

Div, your signiture picture is cool..You made that? I can get 3 of those drums... Nice job on the brisket.. I slice mine first.. then chop some for beef sammys. ;)

surfinsapo said:
Div, your signiture picture is cool..You made that? I can get 3 of those drums... Nice job on the brisket.. I slice mine first.. then chop some for beef sammys. ;)

That looks sooooo good DIV,

SS drums aint gonna last long in that CC area salt air

Well the last time I had a similar brisket which got too mushy to slice..I pulled and pushed it..put it on cheap white buns with KFC coleslaw and Franks. Tole all them dumb Texans it was pushed pork. They eat it like little piglets. Some of them even said they had never had pulled pork before but they thought it was mo betta than brisket. Sure was a shocker to me.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well the last time I had a similar brisket which got too mushy to slice..I pulled and pushed it..put it on cheap white buns with KFC coleslaw and Franks. Tole all them dumb Texans it was pushed pork. They eat it like little piglets. Some of them even said they had never had pulled pork before but they thought it was mo betta than brisket. Sure was a shocker to me.

bigwheel

I'd never guess there were dumb Texans! :twisted:

Nick Prochilo said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

I'd never guess there were dumb Texans! :twisted:

Comes as a huge surprise to me as well.

Back
Top Bottom