Smoked Beef Brisket & Smoked Pork Butt - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > General Barbecue
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

Smoked Beef Brisket & Smoked Pork Butt

I took a beef brisket and marinated it in Cook well & company's Garlic & Molasses marinade. I also marinated a Boston Pork Butt in Allegro Original, They smoked for over 12 hours I reckon. Enjoy the film.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ZJJ0zNLxjms&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ZJJ0zNLxjms&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="368"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5354026&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1"><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5354026&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="368"></embed></object>

from TeamSurfinSapo on Vimeo.</p>

surfinsapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #2

Nice work SS. You are very brave to be bbq'n in this weather.

Do you think cutting the brisket in half was an error ?

Old 06-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
Baby Back

That pork butt looks awesome. Great bark and color. It looked like it pulled really nice in the video. What kind of flavor does that Allegro marinade your using have? Try to stay cool till the heatwave ends. Great job!
RubThatButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
Div
Cooker

Finally im seeing a henkle knife in ur video... I was about to send out a sharp knife to ya....past videos looked like u were having slicing issues with that other dull knife lol ...

looks like another great cook ... picked up a 7# brisky think ill do it next week... did some more tenderloin yestday marinated in some teryaki sauce .... I think as far as the pork tenderloin goes tho im gunna leave that to the wife instead of the BBQ ... much better done her way

Weber Kettle

Uni-Flame Gas Grill

Brinkman SnP

http://www.mcau.net/pics/smoker1.jpg
Div is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubThatButt
That pork butt looks awesome. Great bark and color. It looked like it pulled really nice in the video. What kind of flavor does that Allegro marinade your using have? Try to stay cool till the heatwave ends. Great job!
Allegro has a semi soysauce flavor with garlic, onion etc.. It's best on large pieces of meat.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
God O'Que

Aint nothin unhealthy about any of that SS, looks down right good my brotha! Went surfing this morning, waves were chest high and the weather was perfect. Grab your board and come visit sometime.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
Master of All

SS, just curious why you marinade huge chunks like that? Wouldn't injecting be more beneficial? I mean...can you really taste the marinade in the center of the meat?
Not knocking ya...but just wunderin.
Weber Smokey Joe Gold ?

Weber Grill Decency Agent # KTL9352
ScottyDaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby keil
Aint nothin unhealthy about any of that SS, looks down right good my brotha! Went surfing this morning, waves were chest high and the weather was perfect. Grab your board and come visit sometime.
That sounds awesome.. I will definitely try to work that into my plans. Thanks fro the invite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDaQ
SS, just curious why you marinade huge chunks like that? Wouldn't injecting be more beneficial? I mean...can you really taste the marinade in the center of the meat?
Well, you make a great point on the pork butt. The answer is because I am experimenting all the time with cooking. The middle off the pork was plain good ole pork taste. The bark was marinade smoke taste. I mixed it on the PP sammy. Now the brisket had the flavor on every slice. I didn't inject either, because I haven't found a method to distribute the injecting flavor equally through the meat. I also didn't show, but I take the marinade and boil it the mix with some drippings and make a gravy for the meal at the end. I give you permission to knock me anytime!! I will take constructive criticism from yall!! Just not JB...
Old 06-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
Cooker

Quote:
but I take the marinade and boil it the mix with some drippings and make a gravy for the meal at the end
Wow, I bet that is awsome gravy!! That looks so good makes my mouth water. Beats the turkey sandwich I had for lunch!!
Just Rub It On!
www.bigronswebsite.com
Big Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinsapo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby keil
That sounds awesome.. I will definitely try to work that into my plans. Thanks fro the invite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDaQ
Well, you make a great point on the pork butt. The answer is because I am experimenting all the time with cooking. The middle off the pork was plain good ole pork taste. The bark was marinade smoke taste. I mixed it on the PP sammy. Now the brisket had the flavor on every slice. I didn't inject either, because I haven't found a method to distribute the injecting flavor equally through the meat. I also didn't show, but I take the marinade and boil it the mix with some drippings and make a gravy for the meal at the end. I give you permission to knock me anytime!! I will take constructive criticism from yall!! Just not JB...
A briskit got a great beef flavor all its own, a rub makes a great bark, But marinade & injectin would take away from this natruly flavorful hunk of meat.

SS if you want it really juicy cook em in the Oven with Liquid smoke

Yes beer qualifies as an appetizer

BOY!

http://www.youtube.com/user/007bondjb
007bond-jb is offline   Reply With Quote