Smoked Beef Brisket & Smoked Pork Butt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I took a beef brisket and marinated it in Cook well & company's Garlic & Molasses marinade. I also marinated a Boston Pork Butt in Allegro Original, They smoked for over 12 hours I reckon. Enjoy the film.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ZJJ0zNLxjms&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ZJJ0zNLxjms&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="368"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5354026&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1"><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5354026&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="368"></embed></object>

Smoked Beef Brisket & Pulled Pork from TeamSurfinSapo on Vimeo.</p>

SANY0027.JPG

SANY0029.JPG

SANY0038.JPG

SANY0046.JPG

SANY0051.JPG

SANY0053.JPG

That pork butt looks awesome. Great bark and color. It looked like it pulled really nice in the video. What kind of flavor does that Allegro marinade your using have? Try to stay cool till the heatwave ends. Great job! :D

Finally im seeing a henkle knife in ur video... I was about to send out a sharp knife to ya....past videos looked like u were having slicing issues with that other dull knife lol ...

looks like another great cook ... picked up a 7# brisky think ill do it next week... did some more tenderloin yestday marinated in some teryaki sauce .... I think as far as the pork tenderloin goes tho im gunna leave that to the wife instead of the BBQ ... much better done her way

RubThatButt said:
That pork butt looks awesome. Great bark and color. It looked like it pulled really nice in the video. What kind of flavor does that Allegro marinade your using have? Try to stay cool till the heatwave ends. Great job! :D
Allegro has a semi soysauce flavor with garlic, onion etc.. It's best on large pieces of meat. :D

Aint nothin unhealthy about any of that SS, looks down right good my brotha! Went surfing this morning, waves were chest high and the weather was perfect. Grab your board and come visit sometime.

SS, just curious why you marinade huge chunks like that? Wouldn't injecting be more beneficial? I mean...can you really taste the marinade in the center of the meat?
Not knocking ya...but just wunderin.

Toby keil said:
Aint nothin unhealthy about any of that SS, looks down right good my brotha! Went surfing this morning, waves were chest high and the weather was perfect. Grab your board and come visit sometime.
That sounds awesome.. I will definitely try to work that into my plans. Thanks fro the invite.:D

ScottyDaQ said:
SS, just curious why you marinade huge chunks like that? Wouldn't injecting be more beneficial? I mean...can you really taste the marinade in the center of the meat?
Well, you make a great point on the pork butt. The answer is because I am experimenting all the time with cooking. The middle off the pork was plain good ole pork taste. The bark was marinade smoke taste. I mixed it on the PP sammy. Now the brisket had the flavor on every slice. I didn't inject either, because I haven't found a method to distribute the injecting flavor equally through the meat. I also didn't show, but I take the marinade and boil it the mix with some drippings and make a gravy for the meal at the end. I give you permission to knock me anytime!! I will take constructive criticism from yall!! Just not JB... ;)

but I take the marinade and boil it the mix with some drippings and make a gravy for the meal at the end

Wow, I bet that is awsome gravy!! That looks so good makes my mouth water. Beats the turkey sandwich I had for lunch!!

surfinsapo said:
Toby keil said:
That sounds awesome.. I will definitely try to work that into my plans. Thanks fro the invite.:D

ScottyDaQ said:
Well, you make a great point on the pork butt. The answer is because I am experimenting all the time with cooking. The middle off the pork was plain good ole pork taste. The bark was marinade smoke taste. I mixed it on the PP sammy. Now the brisket had the flavor on every slice. I didn't inject either, because I haven't found a method to distribute the injecting flavor equally through the meat. I also didn't show, but I take the marinade and boil it the mix with some drippings and make a gravy for the meal at the end. I give you permission to knock me anytime!! I will take constructive criticism from yall!! Just not JB... ;)

A briskit got a great beef flavor all its own, a rub makes a great bark, But marinade & injectin would take away from this natruly flavorful hunk of meat.

SS if you want it really juicy cook em in the Oven with Liquid smoke :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom