Smoke help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Maybe have two little cast iron smoke boxes and when one is done put the other in and reload the first one..... Keep doing that until you are finished smoking ;)

SmokerBox.jpg

Maybe try a couple of foil wrapped and soaked chunks rather than chips.

If is catching fire and burning up then you may have to rethink where you are placing the smoke package or at least how you can control the amount of fire getting to the package.

Well I feel the poor fella's pain on trying to make a typical gas grill give off much smoke. Aint really found no good way to do it. Mine has 3 burners which run crosswise and have little triangle strips which set on top of the burners to keep out the grease drippings. Aint much of any stable place to set anything. I make a long pouch out of tinfoil about 18" long..fill it with twigs or whutever roll it up tight..punch a few holes in it and set it across all the burners up close to the front. Works somewhut. When I really want something to taste like smoke that is where the Electric Brinkmann come in. Throw a coupla wood chunks on the lava rocks and it will make stuff so smokey it will knock ya down. Cooks quick too. I can have a 14 pound brisket ready to eat in around 8 hrs. Go invest in one of them and let the gas grill be a gas grill. Fifty eight bucks at Academy Sports. Dont require no steenken charcoal or propane.

http://www.acehardware.com/sm-brinkmann ... 87362.html

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom