Smoke Grilling Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Not sure this belongs in grilling or barbecue. Home made Italian sausage smoked for four hours then finished on the grill.

Looks great Pigs, you eating it plain? Or did you grill some pepper and onions for it???

Just a little home made hot mustard did the job. Did a huge skillet of peppers and onions along with some zucchini the other night. Don't want to mess up the body by putting too many vegetables in the system ya know. :grin:

Just a little home made hot mustard did the job. Did a huge skillet of peppers and onions along with some zucchini the other night. Don't want to mess up the body by putting too many vegetables in the system ya know. :grin:

Yeah too many vegetables plus the sausage and tomorrow morning you will have cloned that sausage!

Bob-BQN said:
Pigs that looks great! :D after you get over the shock of Larry's comment of course. :!: Homemade sausage with homemade mustard. Mmmmmmmm =P~
Thanks Bob, After chucking some big brand and local store bought sausage in the trash about ten years ago, I have never looked back. It's a big deal to me now. I take a whole weekend and make a few or so hundred pounds of all types. I have a freezer denoted to sausage alone. The foodsaver just about dies that weekend, It's a lot of work, But worth it just as canning is. I find it fun and vary relaxing. Not to mention how much better the product is. Take a look at this, Dan Gill's TEN YEAR old ham.

[quote="Bob-BQN":3rkspylc]Pigs that looks great! :D after you get over the shock of Larry's comment of course. :!: Homemade sausage with homemade mustard. Mmmmmmmm =P~
Thanks Bob, After chucking some big brand and local store bought sausage in the trash about ten years ago, I have never looked back. It's a big deal to me now. I take a whole weekend and make a few or so hundred pounds of all types. I have a freezer denoted to sausage alone. The foodsaver just about dies that weekend, It's a lot of work, But worth it just as canning is. I find it fun and vary relaxing. Not to mention how much better the product is. Take a look at this, Dan Gill's TEN YEAR old ham. [/quote:3rkspylc]

On a biscuit...I'll bet it rocked. It probably rocked without the biscuit.

Good Q!

Jack

I'm not sure. I cold smoked it, Temp in the cold smoker was about 160-175 I then tossed it on a med heat grill to finish it off. It might have been done right out of the smoker. I didn't temp it.

Good morning guys Pig, I would like to know if you know were I could find some recipe for sausage making are a book? I to thank that I could me a batter sausage than what can buy.

Just get home from the bars Link? lol :razz:
Me no gottem recipe. Me no gottem grinder but it does sound interesting and fun.

Get a catalog from here. It's free. http://sausagemaker.com/ Google sausage and have a good time. If you need a grinder, Let me know. I have a few extra hand crankers kicking around. It's a good time. If your lazy and have a Kitchen Aid mixer, The grinder stuffer works good on that also.

They sure do. I used one till I bought my electric grinder two years ago. You can get them for next to nothing on ebay, Or Harbor Freight. I must warn you, Sausage making is like barbecue. It's addictive. Years back it was nothing to have 8 guys, 10 deer, 5 hand crank grinders, And a few cases of beer going at the same time. :grin:

Pigs my neighbor gave me a like new copy of "Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing" by Rytek Kutas. copywrite 1984...it's 497 pages long, very detailed information on sausage making. Haven't read it yet...have you ever heard of this book?

The Missing Link said:
Pig, yes I could use a grinder whats the costs?
The cost of the grinder is FREE, Only thing I ask is the shipping cost. ALL SO, If you don't use it,Or lack interest of making sausage,You send it back to me so I can pass it on to someone else.Sound fair?

Captain Morgan said:
Pigs my neighbor gave me a like new copy of "Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing" by Rytek Kutas. copywrite 1984...it's 497 pages long, very detailed information on sausage making. Haven't read it yet...have you ever heard of this book?

Everything you need to know about sausage making and meat curing is wrapped up in Rytek's book. It is the reference that most use. Enjoy it, the pastrami is quite good.

Good Q!

Jack

Back
Top Bottom