Sirloin tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pete1

Assistant Cook
I'm going to do a sirloin tip roast and am thinking about a simple rub of just salt and pepper. I really like the taste of beef and don't want to take away that taste.

My wife likes medium so what temp should I take it off? If it's red she won't eat it. I don't like it too done.

I have read a little about reverse sear. I guess I should cook at about 235 until a proper temp is reached and then open all the vents to get the sear?

I am using a Weber Smokey Mtn. And minion method.

Another question about charcoal. I usually use Kingsford but have been thinking of trying lump. Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks, Pete

My Wife doesn't like to see no red in her beef either. When I do a roast I cook it the way I like it. Then I let the meat rest, cut what she wants and then will cook hers in a CI skillet. This way hers is cooked the way she likes it and the rest of the roast isn't ruined. I did this when we did a rib roast a couple of Christmases ago and everybody was happy doing this, everyones portion was cooked the way they wanted it.

I will never understand why people like well done. The only thing I cook through is a burger, but the way I cook those burgers they are still moist and juicy.

My Brother in Law has this theory. Our wives grew up in Mexico City. He thinks the meat they got growing up was not the freshest available and they cooked it to death to get rid of the critters growing in it. Makes sense to me. Most Mexicans I know like everything dried out and cooked to death. I sometimes still get comments my chicken is not cooked because they are juicy when we have people over. My Wife's pork chops could have been used as a weapon they were so hard and dry till I taught her how to use my Termapen.

That is a good theory there John, and understandable. We in the North do not really have that problem. You know since we take out our clubs and just walk out the front door and crack the first cow that happens to be trotting by. Since we always have snow on the ground here it keeps the meat fresh. After the kill we do have to keep a sharp eye out for them there sabre tooth kitty kats.....

Damn so this is what B Dub A-U fells like all the time with his stories.... Kinda Kool...... :supz::supz::supz::supz::supz:

Sounds like the way I was raised on the well done meat. We were scared of Ecuadorian gut worms.

Back
Top Bottom