Savoie's Dressing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Ok fer all my friends livin south ya ever hear a Savoies dressing? They say it be used fer dirty rice an in boudain?

Yall got a recipe fer sumtin like it? Don't really wanna pay shippin on sumtin I can make if it be makeable.

Thanks.

The company has a good rep for jarred up roux..even had some januine cajuns recommend it. Never heard of the dressing. Not sure whut kinda dressing would go in dirty rice? I got a purty killer scratch recipe for it at home as I'm sure do many others such as JB and Bayou Black Iron..course they prob don't make it as good as mine:) The recipe might already be in the recipe files. I looks when I get home.

bigwheel

They say this dressin goes in the boudain, I wanna make up a batch in the near future so ifin it should be there, put it there.

Like makin up my own stuff ifin I can, that way I always got it.

Ain't no kinda dressing goes in Boudan. Now you sure they wasn't trying to sell you some "boudan dressing"...which is whut some folks call boudan cuz it can be stuffed into the various orfices of sundry stuff...like turkey and dressing Makes a great stuffing for Bell Peppas for example. I guess I am gonna have to go over there and looky to see whuts up. Somebody is obviously either cornfused or strapped for cash here. Will give you one hint. Boudan is one exception to the general rule of ho made stuff being superior to sto bought. With Boudan its just the opposite. I really like "Holmes Smokehouse" brand. It much mo betta than whut somebody could concoct at home. Don't never make or buy Boudan without liver. I tried it one time and it like to make me puke. Also keep your eye peeled for some stuff called Entrinechka (sic). It the Chezk version of Boudan. Mighty yummy. Bumped into a ho made version down at West a few years back. It would flat knock off your knickers. Price was right too cuz a nice lady named MW give it to me free. It made there around West by some EXSPURT sausage meister farmer who raises his own hawgs I think. Sells the stuff dirt cheap out of his barn.

bigwheel

Here is a list of the ingredients listed on the website.

Ingredients: Pork, water, chicken gizzards, pork liver, onions, garlic powder, roux, salt, onion powder, molasses, mustard, cumin, celery, and other spices.

Ok think I'm getttin the pitcher here. You buy a jar of the stuff and dump it over rice or cornbread. Po old Justeen prob be spinning in his grave if he heard about this.

bigwheel

Sounds like a dirty rice type dressing that someone is stuffing in a casing and calling it boudin.

Here is a simple boudin recipe that is easy to do using similar products I think ......... I have made this myself and it is very good.

Boudin

1 lb ground meat
1 lb bulk sausage
1 box Dirty Rice Mix By Tony Chachere's or Zaterains
1 bunch of green onions, chopped fine
1 lg onion, chopped fine
1 tsp black pepper
3 tsp red pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 T crush red pepper
Sausage casing

Brown meat, season with salt and pepper, seasoning salt or your
favorites. Add meat to dirty rice following package directions for it's
preparation.

When that is done, stir in the onions and garlic powder. Check and adjust seasoning to your taste. Put the dirty rice creation into your meat grinder, attach casing, and according to the directions for your machine. Boudin can be smoked, pan fried or mircowaved. All ingredients are already cooked, so heat it your way...

If you dont have casings make it into boudin balls and deep fry...

As I had just warned Maynard about the evils of boudan w/o liver here you go posting a recipe for it. Whut is a Mother to do? Swear I ain't neva seen so many book cover chewers gathered in one spot. You also supposed to post recipes in the recipe section..bad boy bad boy. Gonna have to triple the recipe in order to make room for the pound of raw chicken livers which has been pulverized in the food processor...along with a pound of of cooked gizzards which has been seething gently for half a day in water. Si si? Uncle Ben has the best rice. Sides he is a member of the minority co-moonity so we need to support him..that be if that really be a pic of him.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom