Saturday Brisket (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
$1.98 a pound. How could I say no.

img_221031_0_52dc8ed6d154ef53ed122208ecd30f66.jpg

A little on the hot side, but that's okay.

img_221031_1_79eaa3a815d071a0cb865829eb0dec03.jpg

img_221031_2_4db1382d3070e33f116fe2b7f4a46493.jpg

Olive and Apple chunks.

img_221031_3_c7b41b6eb0205af32ac84771f0fb63f9.jpg

Just coming out the the "stall zone"

img_221031_4_625e93d712a95adca55858740aebe651.jpg

All done. Took it to 205f Great burnt ends.

img_221031_5_757e254a104c085452c6653f1f03b28f.jpg

Sorry, no sliced pics.

Pigs

Thanks folk. It was great. No foil, nice and tender. Did the mustard slather thing and used Billy Bone's rub on it. Stuck it on and let it roll. WSM hung around the 225-250f range the whole cook. Olive and apple wood was great. I kind of get tired of hickory all the time. It was a nice change. Valerie picked up a turkey breast, and I put that on after the brisket was done and threw a few hand full of hickory chips on the coals after a stir of lump. WSM hung right in there till it was done. Sorry, no pics of that. I see a turkey pot pie coming up soon along with some brisket pot pie's also. I use 4 inch aluminum pans for those and put them in the deep freezer after a ride in the food saver. A day when it's raining like heck in the fall, they can't be beat. In the oven, and good to go in 30 min. I can get pans from "chunk food charlie" (Chinese take out place) for .25 cents a piece.

Pigs

Great job Pigs. Well will start seeing those Packers for around .99 as we scoot a bit closer to July 4th. Sorry they so high up in your area. Course mostly rich folks up there so guess they can afford it.

bigwheel

Dang! I need to check in here more often. I hit two separate topics and was blown away both times. I am feeling a bit of small mans syndrome. I know why there is no pictures of it sliced as it was probably gone as soon as it hit the table. Nice!

What kind of flavor do you get with Olive wood? Never heard of using it before. Great looking brisket!

Nice "pecho entero de res". I picked up a 10 lb Black Angus yesterday for $2.17 @ lb. I haven't done a BA brisket before.

Traegernator said:
Nice "pecho entero de res". I picked up a 10 lb Black Angus yesterday for $2.17 @ lb. I haven't done a BA brisket before.

Hey take a video or pics. I bet it's nice and marbled. I don't know what your regular routine is, but I'd love to see your approach and how it turned out. Excellent price.

I'll gladly take and post pics but, I stuck that BA brisket in the freezer for about a week or two. I just wanted to grab the Black Angus brisket while it was available. I don't see many BA briskets around here for less than an arm or leg. :LOL:

looks great. I like how the wood says 100% organic. What else would it be?????
If you get a chance try some oak or red oak on brisket. good stuff. thanks for the picts.

Organic. Yea, that is funny. Like washing machines all say "Heavy Duty" :LOL:
The olive wood was kind of like pecan is the only way I can describe it. Had more of a apple smoke taste to the brisket than olive wood. Think I'll try all olive on a rack of ribs this weekend and see what the deal is. I like oak also. As I said, I grow tired of hickory from time to time.
Black walnut is fun to play with too. But as with mesquite It can over power the meat and leave you with a bitter taste. Did a small brisket years back with Mesquite and Black Walnut. Damn dog's wouldn't eat it. But, that's how you learn.

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Did a small brisket years back with Mesquite...... Damn dog's wouldn't eat it.... Pigs

Shoulda tried to find one uh them there transplanted Texans as in they woulda loved it..from wut I heard. Must be a DFW thing.

:twisted: :LOL: :twisted: :LOL: :twisted:

Sorry you got a bad expurience with mesquite. Its wonderful stuff for them who knows its evil ways..got plenty of it and if it come from the right geography.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom