Sapo's ABT's on a Big Ed Rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I am somewhat back in the saddle again. Went to HEB Plus here in Corpus and picked up 21 Giant Japs to make ABT's. I took pint of cream cheese & a pint of blue crab meat with 4 pieces of crushed maple bacon and 1 table spoon of " Suckle Busters" "Hoochie Mama" rub and made the stuffing. Shot it in with a "Jerky Cannon" from Lem. Wrapped them with cheapo bacon and then smoked them with hickory and mesquite lump coals.. They are being set on a " Big Ed" of Texas BBQ Forum's ABT Rack he gave me as a gift. Thanks again. They came out awesome and I am taking the rest to work in the Pop corn tub I got at"Jerry's World" in Arlington, Texas during the U2 concert Monday night... Enjoy the Video!!!!

<object width="800" height="450"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XKOOFV85f4A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XKOOFV85f4A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

SANY0062.JPG

SANY0063.JPG

SANY0065.JPG

SANY0067.JPG

SANY0069.JPG

SANY0076.JPG

SANY0078.JPG

SANY0079.JPG

SANY0081.JPG

SANY0083.JPG

Looks good Sapo. Going to smoke 35lbs of flats and 40lbs of butts tomorrow for my bosses annual cattle sale. After seeing your post I'm going to do a few ABT's.

Those look great SS! Next time I make em I'm gonna try some crab meat. By the way, you need to get your self some oven mitts so you can take that rack off. :P

Hay bro that is the bomb… I need to call you back soon, last time I was at work… But we will hook up soon bro… YOU R DA’ BOMB S/S…

buzzmee said:
Great looking ABTs! I've ordered my Hoochie Mama so I will be ready to cook next weekend. At what temperature and about how long do they take? Thanks for sharing the video.

My temp gauge is messed up , but I would guess 300 and they took about 35 minutes or so..

Those ABT's look great. I have never made them before, have to try them.

Back
Top Bottom