Salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chris

Thanks for the plug for wild fish. Ya saved me from saying "Friends don't let friends eat farmed fish." It does look good Nick and we're waiting to see the finished product.

Griff

Okay...here's the finished pics. Cook took 1 1/2 hours with a spike in temp. when I added some alder chips to the cook. Pulled it off just like Bruce said at 150*. It came out fantastic, a definite winner! I have friends coming over for dinner tonight and I'm going to use it as an appitizer along with some wings. For dinner we're having ribs that are on the smoker now, rubbed with.....you guessed it, "Wolfe Rub"!

Thanks Bruce, great receipe!

Nick, my biggest fear in smoking fish, even a thick piece like salmon is drying it out. I'm a big fan of cedar planking, keeps everything indirect.
How juicy was it?

Nick Prochilo said:
Okay...here's the finished pics. Cook took 1 1/2 hours with a spike in temp. when I added some alder chips to the cook. Pulled it off just like Bruce said at 150*. It came out fantastic, a definite winner! I have friends coming over for dinner tonight and I'm going to use it as an appitizer along with some wings. For dinner we're having ribs that are on the smoker now, rubbed with.....you guessed it, "Wolfe Rub"!

Thats my next thing to try we eat alot of salmon here , I hope mine turns out as well , should be interesting using my off set firebox smoker.

I think Bob meant Salmon and said ribs by mistake...the idea is to stay on topic in the cooking sections...I have been trying my best to do that! But some insist on taking it in their own directions without considering the thread author! [-X

Greg Rempe said:
I think Bob meant Salmon and said ribs by mistake...the idea is to stay on topic in the cooking sections...I have been trying my best to do that! But some insist on taking it in their own directions without considering the thread author! [-X

Who (salmon) would (salmon) do (salmon) that (salmon)? 8-[

No Bob was right. I had mentioned earlier in the thread that I was doing chicken & ribs with the salmon today. He remembered me buying the ribs yesterday because he was also there buying some meat for chili he was making. BTW, all turned out well with the cook today, rain and all....no problems, only solutions! But again, Bruce's salmon receipe is FANTASTIC! That was the big hit today. Thanks again Bruce.

Bob T said:
Does anyone think doing the Salmon on the lower rack right above the water would help keep it moist? I don't think water in the pan "adds" moisture, but I do think it prevents some from being taken from the meat. (I think I explained that right lol)

Bob, I don't think that would help. I think not overcooking it will help more than anything else. I pulled this salmon off after 1 1/2 hours and the internal temp was 150*. The cooker for the most part was at 200* with 1 spike for about 20 min. up to around 250*.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom