Running Two Pits Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
The one cater is on and just got a call to do butts for supper. Should prove to be a intresting day. Light rain and its 85 out all ready. Whoo hoo. Going to cook today! :eek:

All 3 catering jobs went well this weekend. Only problem was the occasional rain and humidity. The real fun started when I decided to stop at the old local pond for a swim on the way home from my last gig yesterday.No one was there at first. Nice clear cool water. About a half a hour went by and a bunch of collage kids ( a half dozen ) showed up with a case of beer. They all were curious about " The big cooking thing" behind my van. After talking for a while one guy asks, Hay mister (god I hate that, might as well call me old fart) If we run to the store will you do some burgers and hot dogs for us?" I said sure.About a hour later there is about 75 kids a keg of beer on tap and THE PARTY IS ON! Every one brought dogs and burgers for "The pig dude" to grill. It was fun, Got to hand out a lot of cards. I didn't expect to get paid, But they passed the hat and I came home with a hundred bucks.What a good time. A few of the girls went topless like it was no big deal.One liked to run the food up and down the bank. Ever try grilling with a pair of hooters in your face? It aint easy. :)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
All 3 catering jobs went well this weekend. Only problem was the occasional rain and humidity. The real fun started when I decided to stop at the old local pond for a swim on the way home from my last gig yesterday.No one was there at first. Nice clear cool water. About a half a hour went by and a bunch of collage kids ( a half dozen ) showed up with a case of beer. They all were curious about " The big cooking thing" behind my van. After talking for a while one guy asks, Hay mister (god I hate that, might as well call me old fart) If we run to the store will you do some burgers and hot dogs for us?" I said sure.About a hour later there is about 75 kids a keg of beer on tap and THE PARTY IS ON! Every one brought dogs and burgers for "The pig dude" to grill. It was fun, Got to hand out a lot of cards. I didn't expect to get paid, But they passed the hat and I came home with a hundred bucks.What a good time. A few of the girls went topless like it was no big deal.One liked to run the food up and down the bank. Ever try grilling with a pair of hooters in your face? It aint easy. :)

I take it you didn't have a camera on hand??????

The CEO (wife) completely refuses to help cater any biker party. Just doesn't like the crowd. I myself enjoy and look forward to them. The last one she helped me with didn't go well. The biker guys that hung around the pit would tell the girls " You got to show your (you know what)" to see the pig. She didn't appreciate it one bit.These guys were real rock head's, Great for entertainment though. Fun to watch them beat the snot out of each other and then hug and say "I Love You Man" and go get another beer.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:

Now let me think....didn't you say in another thread that you never get any tips?

Back
Top Bottom